More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ewong ewong

Who is going to be our ENF super hero?

Ney-Ked/Naomi Kendrick, aka Ms Sunshine (The girl from another planet)

The planet Mod-ST was dying. The people were scared. As their homes literally crumbled around them, one family had the means to save one of their own. A scientist, Bas-Ked and his wife Lok-Ked built a spacecraft to send their teenaged daughter, Ney-Ked to a world where she would look like the residents, but would be very different. The yellow sun will give her powers, make her a God among them. However, they hoped she would be a beacon of virtue and kindness that will bring peace to the world.

Ney was prepped for flight, a skintight suit had monitors for her health and heartbeat tied to the ship to keep her safe and alive in case anything went wrong. During her journey, she was taught earth history and a few of the more popular languages so she could talk to whoever found her. The ship crashed in Oxnard, CA. She was alone, which was fortunate. However, it was dark, and her ship's canopy wouldn't open. She knew the safeguard her father put in place and hit the button.

A bright yellow glow engulfed the interior of the craft. Ney was sure her father knew what he was doing, but she still wasn't prepared for how it would feel. Her body tingled all over as her nerves suddenly became supercharged. Her senses of sight, smell, and hearing went wild. She didn't dare scream as she was afraid it would damage the ship and possibly harm herself. When it finished, she realized her eyes had been closed, but she was able to see EVERYTHING. though not as she once did. She was able to see through objects and identify components. She opened her eyes and was able to see normally, but she could will herself to see beyond the visible. She took a deep breath and realized she felt lighter. Looking down, she saw she was levitating above her seat! Gasping, she suddenly fell down onto her butt, causing her to yelp. Calming down again, she tried to see if she could open the ship. She reached to push on the door, and was shocked as she suddenly saw the door open!

....and fly several yards away.

She saw the door flying through the air, and knew she had to catch it before it landed. Before she could think of another thought, she was airborne, and grabbing the door! She floated back down and placed the door back onto her ship. She suddenly felt a chill, and looked down. She was naked! She looked around, and saw the tattered remains of her suit lying on the ground. It must have ripped off as she took flight.

The only other clothing item in her ship was a blanket with her family crest on it, "Kel" meant "Light", so the symbol resembled a sun. She and her father found it ironic that their family crest would have a double meaning, as it would be the source of her superpowers as well as her inner strength. She wrapped it around her naked body and thought of what to do. She looked at the remains of her suit. She didn't want anyone to find it, and wanted to destroy it. The next moment, fire leapt from her eyes and burned the suit to ashes. Amazed, she knew not to do the same to anything precious or to anyone innocent. She still had to get away. She picked up her ship and flung it into the ocean, promising to retrieve it once she found shelter. Landing again, she saw her blanket hadn't torn off, or even showed any wear at all. She walked along the coast, contemplating her new home. It seemed quiet, peaceful, and tranquil. She figured she would like it here.

Then, a sharp pain in her chest stopped her. She felt nauseous, her body felt weak, as if it weighed a ton. She couldn't stand, couldn't move. She looked around for something or someone to help. She spied a glowing blue rock not ten feet from her. She reached out towards it, but then passed out. She awoke the next day to sunlight blinding her. She sat up, and saw she was no longer outside. In fact, it looked like she was in someone's home! She hoped she didn't accidentally break in while she was impaired.

"Ah, you're awake. Take it easy. You looked like you had a rough night when I found you. Your head must be hurting. Drink this." a girl offered a mug.

"What's this?" Ney asked.

"Coffee. What, did your parents keep from drinking it cuz it will 'stunt your growth'?"

"Yeah, I guess." Ney said, taking a sip.

PFFFFFFFFTTTTT!!!

"That tastes horrible!" Ney said, spitting the brown liquid out.

"Hey, a hangover cure rarely tastes good. By the way, I'm Rachel." the girl said.

"Oh right, surnames are too formal. I'm.. Ney."

"You're funny. Where are you from?"

"Oh, far away from here."

"I can tell. So, you celebrate too hard last night?"

"Celebrate? What for?"

"Move in day, silly! First day of classes is tomorrow."

"Move in day? Where am I?"

"Cal State Channel Islands. It used to be an insane asylum, but now it's a university. Still, it looks spooky at night."

"I'm at a school? This is a dormitory?"

"Yeah. I'm guessing you don't go here."

"No, I really don't."

"How did you end up passed out naked on the beach last night?"

"Naked?! Where's my blanket?"

"Don't worry, I washed it for you. It's folded in my room. And you didn't answer my question."

"Oh, like you said. Rough night."

"Did someone you? Do we need to call the cops?"

"What? No, no. I'm fine. My clothes... I guess I just had too much."

"Ah, so you did party last night. How high did you get?"

"Pretty high... Wait, what did you mean?"

"Just a figure of speech. So, you're a partier, that's fine. Just don't get too wasted or guys might think you're easy."

"Oh, believe me, that's not going to be a problem."

"Alright, Ney. Is that short for Naomi?"

"Um, yeah. Yeah it is." Ney said, thinking her ethnic name would be improved if it sounded more commonplace.

"Naomi, I like that better. Well, wherever you're from, you need to get dressed, and go wherever you're supposed to go. I don't think I have a bra that will fit you, president of the itty bitty titty committee here."

"You're an elected official?!" Ney nearly felt her brain swirl in her head.

"Haha, again with the jokes. Anyways, here. You can borrow these until you get back home. And here's my number so you can call me when you can give them back." Rachel said, handing her a pile of clothes with her blanket and a post-it.

Ney, now Naomi, looked at the clothes offered. She thought she understood how to put them on, but when she showed Rachel, she laughed out loud.

"I guess they don't have panties where you're from, eh? They go UNDER your skirt. That's why it's called UNDERwear."

Naomi blushed and pulled the skirt out of her underwear. She took the post-it and her blanket and left. She walked out of the building and looked around to get her bearings. She first wanted to scout out that glowing rock, to avoid it for now. She used her x-ray vision to do so, and found it on the shoreline. She decided to walk the other direction.

At the end of the day, her beauty and aloofness gifted her with a free meal, free phone, and several offers for free dinners that she turned down. She had real problems to attend to. She realized she needed to create an identity, something she couldn't do herself. She was able to track down some local criminals who could help. Of course, she didn't have any money to pay them, so she had to trick them into thinking she would pay by having sex with them. With that incentive, they worked fast.

Ney-ked was now Naomi Kendrick, and she had a social security number, driver's license, passport, the works. They even made it so her records look like she existed before today. Feeling the need to hide her alien identity, she pulled her hair back into a ponytail and put a pair of glasses on for her ID photos. Despite all this, however, Naomi had one more request.

"Of all the places to want to attend, you want us to get you into CSCI? Sure, hell I'll do for no extra charge. I'll even throw in a full paid scholarship." the man said.

Once she had her identity, it was time to pay up. Naomi knew what she did was wrong, but what she was about to do was make it right. She quickly beat them all up and tied them in a bundle before flying them to the police station. She wanted to leave a note, but wanted to remain anonymous. She signed it with her family crest instead.

The next morning, she was able to get a job at the college cafe. She won't be making coffee, but cleaning the tables, floors, and machines. She moved in with Rachel, who accepted her new friend, and Naomi was on her way to living a normal life.

On the news, the big story was the big bust of the gang that was making fake identities and apparently was last of something bigger. The local law enforcement thanked their unknown vigilante, who they dubbed Ms. Sunshine from the fact the gang said it was a woman along with the symbol she left on her note.

Rachel and Naomi attended classes during the day, with Naomi working between classes, and at night Naomi would disappear, feeling a sense of duty with the potential her powers had. She fought crime, wearing her blanket with her family's crest on it. However, she quickly learned that whatever she wore besides the blanket would become damaged or even wrecked beyond repair. Not only that, her powers would weaken, and because sunlight was her power source, it made sense for her to be as uncovered as possible.

So, swallowing her life, Naomi would take to the skies, day or night, wearing nothing but her blanket tied around her neck. Her white skin glowing like an angel from the heavens, she would descend to stomp out evil. Look, up in the sky!

IT'S MS. SUNSHINE!

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)