More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by NicoleStar NicoleStar

What's next?

New neighbour

As they pulled up to their apartment building, a curious sight greeted them – a moving van, its large form dominating the curb, was parked conspicuously. In the shadow of the vehicle, a young man in his mid-twenties orchestrated the transfer of furniture with the skill of a seasoned conductor. Jake, ever the welcoming neighbor, exited the car and extended a friendly hand towards the stranger.

"You must be our latest addition to the block," he quipped with a welcoming smile.

The young man turned towards Jake, his features framed by a mop of neatly-trimmed, midnight-black hair that resembled a soldier's disciplined coiffure. A faint shadow of stubble adorned his chiseled jaw, adding a rugged allure to his otherwise composed appearance. With a nod of acknowledgment, he replied, "Hi there, I'm Oliver. Your name came up when I signed the lease. Jake, right?"

Jake's wife, Kate, stepped out of the car, her vibrant eyes locking onto Oliver's figure with curiosity. She extended her hand gracefully towards him, appreciating the strength of his grip as they exchanged pleasantries.

"Hello," Kate chimed in, her voice warm and inviting. "You're going to love it here."

Oliver flashed a grateful smile, a hint of enthusiasm dancing in his eyes. "I appreciate that, Kate. The location's a major plus, especially with how close it is to my workplace." he replied, his gaze flitting between the couple.

As the brief introduction came to an end, Jake concluded their encounter with a sense of neighborly goodwill. "It was great meeting you, Oliver. But we should get going. If you need anything, we're right next door to you."

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)