More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by splotch splotch

Where do we join Mandy?

Nature Hike

Mandy was with her natural science class. Despite being a city girl, she'd signed up for this field assignment for extra science credits. She was already two years late on graduating, and her mother had been threatening to cut her off if she didn't finish soon. So, despite being terrible at science, and rather hating nature, Mandy had signed up for the class.

So Mandy found herself on a four day backpacking trip with her class. The class was mostly science majors, meaning nerdy, reclusive kids. Some of them seemed quite at home in the wild. All of them seemed better prepared then Mandy. She was the only one who hadn't brought hiking boots, instead wearing tennis shoes. Halfway through the first day she could already feel the blisters forming on her feet. Now, nearing evening on the second day, she had defined lumps on her feet making her miserable.

She'd worn a light flannel, tank top and shorts besides that. Everyone else was fully covered, some of the class even wearing dorky mesh hats with flaps covering their necks.

Mandy had laughed when she'd seen their hats. Now though, she was starting to see why. Despite wearing sun screen, her neck, face and thighs were already feeling hot. She couldn't get a sunburn, she had two more days of this crap to go! Also, being the only one showing any skin from the neck down, Mandy felt exposed. She was taller, even then most of the boys, and her long legs were bare from upper thigh down. She wished she'd worn some more practical pants.

Needless to say, as they reached the halfway point of their 80 mile total hike, and Mandy was already in a pretty bad mood. That was when disaster struck...

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)