More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Imperia Imperia

So who would I be during this world's last week?

Nameya.

The choice was pretty simple. I wasn't going back to play through the game again, or to mindlessly wreak havoc as my necromancer. I wanted to explore this world again, to dive into it as I had a year ago. The only way I could do that was as Nameya. Mind made up, I raised my hand before her, and a loading bar appeared. I kept my hand raised and eyes on her face as the bar finished filling. Once it did, I fell. It was dark, and though it felt like I was sinking there was no rush of air, no cool breeze. One by one, my senses started returning.

My suddenly shoulder length hair was caught in the air, streaking past my face and brushing my cheeks. I then noticed warmth envelope me. I could hear the wildlife around me; the birds were singing behind me, and leaves rustled all over. Finally, my eyes saw the world again. I was stood overlooking a cliff, a great lake at its foot. It was a sunny day, but now a cool breeze was blowing as well. Further, beyond the lake, I could just make out the spires of Cor Nostrum, the biggest city on the continent.

I shivered in excitement. One thing I always hated about where I lived in real life was the constant cold. I loved this world's brilliant sun and active wildlife. Without a second thought I leaped and slid down the cliff face, down toward the water. I'd put a lot into Nameya's traversal skills, so it was entirely natural for me.

Reaching the ground below, I walked up to the lake and studied myself in it. I remembered why I liked being Nameya so much now. I just slid down a fucking cliff and I still look cute. My red hair was now windswept, but if anything that made it look better. My lightly freckled cheeks were flushed from the excitement and action. And the outfit I had on was, while largely covering, still pretty nice. Leather armor covered my vital areas, while fine green fabrics with black fur edges covered the rest. My boots and socks came up just shy of my knees, leaving a nice little area of exposed, pale skin. It wasn't much of a risk to forgo armor, me being an archer mostly.

Reasonably curious about being back in this body, I nervously glanced around the area. Coast was clear. I brought one hand to my boobs - Man, how did I not find that weird originally? - and slipped the other between my legs. "Ooooohh, gods... Fuuu -" I bit my lip. Extremely sensitive. I must have had the child filters off. Still couldn't get too raunchy, but could sure as hell masturbate.

But that's not really what I had come to do. Still, no harm in keeping the filter off. I rose, and followed the coast of the lake to a small fishing village. The NPC's all greeted me and waved, and I waved back. The smells of cookfires and sound of work filled the air. Where did I want to go then?

On the outside of town I stopped by an older man crouching by a strange hole. No doubt Storyteller trying to give me something to do. Why not? I briskly strode up to him. "Hello mister! Can I help you with anything?"

He turned, jumping slightly, before laughing warmly. "Well, hello missy. Sorry, but I can't speak a word o' that Arlathani. Ya speak common, right?"

Oh. I must have had OOC chat turned on. I spun around, quickly opening the options with a gesture. Let's see, options. Communication. Where was - Ah, there. In character and out of character chat toggle. Word to do so was... Secretus? God, I was... Am such a nerd.

I spun back around. "Secretus. Sorry sir. I was just wondering if you needed any help's all." I put on my best cutesy smile and tilted my head. Too much? Eh, who cares. I was already having fun.

He laughed again, sighing happily. "Ah, you Arlathani are amazing. Your people are so kind and helpful. What a culture! And this whole Cessation idea! I admire your people's dedication to forgiveness and peace."

Well... Huh. "Hmm? The Cessation?"

He shook his head, smiling as he stared into the distance. "A whole two weeks of forgoing old rivalries, and just reveling in the world. Beautiful. A Cessation to hate and ."

Oh... He was talking about the shutdown. Two weeks because the Far Plane's days were half the length of real ones. Well that's a bit depressing. Or... Perhaps bittersweet. It sounds lovely, but with me knowing the reasons behind it...

"Thanks for the offer, but I reckon there in't much we can do. Dern goblins won't stay out, no matter what we do."

Well, I can help with that. I quickly open my inventory and produce a bomb from it. "Here you go sir. Just role that down there after lighting it. Should send them a pretty clear message."

I head away down the road after giving him the explosive. "Oh, well, thanks missy. And happy Cessation!"

Despite the talk of Cessation, I couldn't fight the joy of being here. I was practically skipping. I stopped at a crossroads.

Where should I go next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)