More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by maester maester

Open the book

My , my sin; My , my salvation

I opened the book. Its pages were vast, too vast for its size, a perfect half foot on each side. I felt as if my life would end. I knew that in that moment not just my life but every life in the universe was upon the cusp of . The gods were trembling and even the roaches would not survive this end. I thought to myself ‘if you will die, at least learn what this book is about. At least understand, why.’ The book told of everything, it was the history of the world everything which had happen up until this point in flashes I observed every life of every atom and its place in the universe. I read on knowing if only I could understand why how the world would soon end I might be able to prevent it. As I read on I discovered that I could never understand it all I tried to find some way of controlling it but I had none. There was no index nor controls, it was a wicked thing, in that way. for an answer I flipped through all the pages to the end in hopes of some directory.

In that moment I read the last words of the book, “John Doe came to the end of life, and died.” I could not read them for long, as then suddenly, I felt my “self” being raised into the air. I was pulled through all of time. Until was presented with a great blinding light. Some voice that had no sound told me that this was God. But I knew that was bullshit since there is no God. I could not deny what I was seeing. It took me sometime to figure out what was going on. Since there was no God, and I could no longer feel my body, then either I was due to an overload of information, or I was dead and in the future human would have advanced to the point at which they could both travel through time and capture the state of a mind at the moment of store it. The second made more since. These humans to come must have sent people into the past to encourage religion since religion were so beneficial to the maintenance of species, and to prepare us for this time when they would collect our invaluable knowledge for future storage.

Still I feel ill, as this deus est machina, left me. They did not value my mind enough to keep and they were trying to destroy what could I do? I had to do something. It took me all to long to realize that if my mind was only a mind and now in a sea of data, then I could “hack” the system from the inside.

Hack the System

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)