More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MarcusD MarcusD

Is the voyage uneventful?

Molly the plaything

After a meal Molly could not believe; it had been a long tome since she left the table full and satisfied; she read to the children. They were sad and quiet, no doubt due to the loss of their beloved nanny. Drawing a curtain across the room, Molly and the children all changed for bed. Mrs. Ingram come in to check on the children and seemed satisfied. She kissed each of the children and left for the night telling Molly that she and Mr. Ingram would be in the ballroom dancing for a time. The children's cabin had two bunk beds; Molly and Susan each took a bottom berth while the two boys climbed into the upper.

Molly slept uneasy the first night. The sound of the engine and the sway of the boat quickly put the children to sleep. Molly lay awake, wondering what was to become of her in America.

The next day was filled with adventure; the children wanted to explore the boat and Molly was charged to keep them in sight and out of mischief. Mrs. Ingram was specifically clear that the children were not to leave the First Class section of the boat.
Molly was awestruck at the quality and amount of food provided at the meals, all delivered by a very British steward who was clear in his distain for the Irish girl.

Sometime during the second night Molly was awaken by a gentle shaking. Mrs. Ingram knelt at the side of her bed. "Be silent and come with me!" The woman's whisper was firm and not open to question.

Molly slipped out of her bed, pulled a shawl around her shoulders, and followed the English woman. She was terrified she had done something wrong, something to displease her employers.

As soon as she entered the Ingram's cabin, Mrs. Ingram quietly closed the door to the children's cabin. The room was spacious; almost double the size of the children's cabin. The cabin contained a large bed, a settee, a small desk and chair, and a large padded chair. There was a large window that looked out onto the black ocean night. Mr. Ingram, still dressed in his evening wear, sat in the heavy chair. Molly turned to Mrs. Ingram; she was dressed in a fine blue gown.

"Ma’am, have I done something wrong?' Molly was sure she was in trouble.

Molly never saw the woman's hand. The blow across her face knocked Molly back. "First rule," Mrs. Ingram's voice was cold and harsh, "never speak, never make a sound unless Mr. Ingram or I give you permission! Now, stand up straight!"

Mrs. Ingram moved close behind the young girl. "Now listen carefully, you stupid Irish trollop. If you make a sound, if you cry out, if you resist, you will go right out that window and down into the ocean. You will be lost like the garbage that is dumped overboard."

Molly was trembling. She had never known such fear.

"Well, William, shall we have some fun with our new plaything?"

Mrs. Ingram grabbed the top of Molly's thin cotton nightgown with two hands. With one strong pull, the woman tore the nightgown in half from top to bottom. Molly stood naked before the husband and wife. She started at scream...

"Make a sound and it's out the window with you!"

Does Molly remain silent?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)