More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Sgtwolf Sgtwolf

Which maze do you start with?

Moderate: Sci-Fi escape

Deciding to start with a moderate challenge, you reach out and press Sci Fi. The world around you instantly changes, the floor becoming hard metal, and tall metal walls with piping and random technology spring from the ground. You take a breath in surprise at how realistic it looks, noticing it even smells new, something akin to a car repair shop mixed with the stale air of an office building. The sky is gone, as the ceiling now matches the walls.

More words appear, hanging infront of you. ‘You have been and are to compete for your captors entertainment. Find an escape pod to survive, or live forever as an exhibit in an alien zoo.’ Interesting enough backstory, so you click continue. This brings up new texts.

Apparently this text is for customization of your own avatar. It is fairly basic, with two customizations to choose from. The first is which sex you would play as, and the second is race. The list of races each has a basic accompanying description:

human: hopefully you know what humans are. Play as yourself.

Houndgarian: furry creatures descended from wolflike creatures. Play at 75% your height and weight. You make less sound, but are weaker. You do have sharper claws and teeth, as well as a tail.

Reptoid: green scaled reptilian warrior race. Play at 125% your height and weight. While you are stronger, you lose stealth and intelligence

more races available with DLC

You wonder how this all effects the gameplay, figuring at the basics that it would scale the world to the selected race. Looking at the descriptions, at least of those that didn’t require additional purchases, human seemed the most boring but well rounded choice. If you wanted any sort of stealth it would likely behoove you to pick the Houndgardian race, and if you wanted more of a brawl Reptoid would be best.

Which race do you pick?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)