More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Drexelhand Drexelhand

What's next?

Mike Dorie seeks out the X-Men

Everybody knew where the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning was. It was located in the municipality of Salem Center in Westchester. Mike Dorie wasn't exactly sure how to get there. It wasn't like Genosha where a mutant could apply for passage and soon get on a series of flights or ferries to get there. Sure, Mike could try flying from Kansas to New York state, but he was pretty sure doing that would just tire him out.

Who would have known that a mutant going cross country to an abandoned mansion that may or may not house what was left of the X-Men could be so hard?

Oh, well. It had been a few weeks since Mike had left his hometown and since then, he'd pretty much been walking from town to town. He'd pick up odd jobs here and there to make some money to get to he next town. However, he still hadn't made it out of Kansas yet. At this rate, it felt almost like it would take him forever to get to Westchester. He didn't want to become an old drifter by the time he made it to the X-Men.

He needed a way to speed up the process.

If only he could find a way to contact the X-Men. But who would he contact?

Storm? The last time anybody saw Storm was as an attendant at the wedding of T'Challa and the singer Monica Lynne. Even then, she only showed up in the background of one photograph and was practically in and out of Wakanda. She clearly enjoyed being out of the public eye.

Nightcrawler? If Storm was considered elusive, then Nightcrawler was the opposite. With his wife, the empath Meggan Puceanu running the Braddock Academy in England, he'd been fairly active in the limelight in the United Kingdom. However, given how much time he spent away from the academy, Mike was certain he was still in the X-Men. If there was an X-Men to be in.

Colossus? Nobody had seen Colossus. Rumor had it that Colossus had been with Beast when he cured the Legacy Virus and given that event happened around the same time as he disappeared, it added up. Perhaps he was a prisoner on Genosha, perhaps he had retired or perhaps something worse. Mike did intend to find out.

He shook away the thoughts from his head as he walked down the road with his backpack slung over his shoulder.

How was he going to get to Westchester faster?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)