More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Pingu Pingu

Who's the lucky person coming across the invention?

Mike, the 33-year old neighbor

A storm had built up over the neighbourhood for hours and as Mike came home from work, heavy rain was coming down. Lightning illuminated the night sky and he rushed towards the front entrance of his house. Mike was living alone there and actually really enjoyed his single life, occasional hooking up with girls at clubs for fun. His house was nicely decorated and always good to impress some ladies when they came over.

But today he was alone and was rather looking forward to dropping on the couch right now. A good movie would be a great start to the weekend. As he stepped into the kitchen, he noticed Carol, one of his neighbours, also standing in her kitchen next door. Mike was on a good foot with his neighbours and so she waved in his direction as she noticed him too.

Carol wasn't living alone but instead with her husband and their three kids, a boy and two girls, who all three attended college in town. Walter, Carol's husband, was working for an IT company but spend a lot of time in his private laboratory, located in their toolshed. Mike knew Carol wasn't completely happy about her husband's experiments or inventions, especially after he had set the kitchen ablaze a couple of years ago. That was also when Walter's laboratory had been banned to the toolshed.

Mike then noticed that he had forgotten to carry the trash out in the morning and so he grabbed the bag, heading to the garbage cans next to the house. When he arrived there, he noticed a box laying in his garbage. He opened it and looked at some electronic parts, most of them clearly burned through. Seemed that Walter had disposed of some broken parts in Miek's garbage so that Carol wouldn't run into them. They had made a little deal about this and Walter tended to not overuse Mike's generosity on this matter.

Mike was already about to toss his stuff in when he noticed...

What?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)