More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by watcher333 watcher333

Who are you again?

Mendy the goblin [prologue]

Most goblin communities aren't that big. Goblins in general are way too weak to build anything lasting in this everything eats goblin world.

The goblins of the spider mountain are an exception from that rule.

It happened many, many moons ago, when a certain goblin tribe was driven out of their caves from the human territories into the everspreading jungle on the north. The jungle meant . Not even the humans dared to come after them. Not like they had a reason to do so.. The goblins would die in the jungle anyway, right?

Well no, not exactly. Not this particular tribe anyway. They weren't anything special. Yet they are still here, out of luck and sheer goblin stubbornness.

It happened many, many moons ago, when a certain goblin tribe searched the jungle for food and home. The jungle was bloodthirsty, taking many. Not just the weak ones, but also brave ones that tried to protect the weak. After all goblins are the weakest ones in here. After many hardships the goblins all have been captured. Yes, not eaten as most would think but captured. Captured by giant, hungry, yet smart spiders.

They planned to eat the easy prey they found oh so luckily during the rainy season. So until then he goblins will be bound and given just enough food and water to survive till they will be eaten when the time cames for them. Stored inside the mountain. Home and fortress for all spiders in the area. With the base of the mountain defending from other monsters, the caves defending from weather and the web everywhere keeping everybody comfortable and warm.

The goblins, however, had other plans. Goblins being eaten cause they are weak? Sure why not? Goblins being used like cattle? Not if they have a say so in it!

A smart little goblin used a sharp rock to get free from his bindings. He let some of his kind free, not many, we don't want the spider to notice them after all.

The smart little gobs scouted out the spider nest. Where are the ways out? Where are the eggs held? Where do they sleep?

The spiders nest was very different from human villages. Spiders lived a lot closer to each other, practically sleeping as a huge ball made out of huge spiders. They didn't have patrols inside the nest like humans did and they had this really nasty web everywhere. But this gave the goblins a great idea!

First they waited out the daylight when most of the spiders gone to sleep. Then they broke up! A few of them gone around to free their brothers and sisters and help show them the way out. The rest of them gone for the offense. They hit where it hurts, places with lots of webs, the bedrooms, the eggs, the corridors where they can reach the goblins!

The goblins sneaked in and put the web on fire. Not everybody made it, but they didn't need to. When the spiders first saw the smoke, the goblins were already in the exits. The spiders guarding the exits didn't really wanted to let the go thought but the smoke coming from the cave was a more pressing matter.

Naturally, getting out wasn't as easy as that. The exits all leaded to the top of the mountain, with the fastest way down being a really huge fall.The goblins didn't really liked that idea and climbing down wasn't really a possibility after not moving and bearly eating for over two weeks. Lucky them there was an easier way down, a road like passage that the spiders use to get food up. It wasn't safer with all the running spiders occupying it, but they only needed to wait out till the spiders get away or die inside.

It took more time then one would think. There was a LOT of spiders but eventually they made it. Most of them at least did.

The goblins took refuge at the leg of the mountain. It was surprisingly safe with all other monsters and animals running from the smoke. Who knew this was all you needed to survive here? It took days for the fire to stop. Not like the goblins had any problems with that, there was more than enough fruits and mushrooms in the jungle to survive. Some of the plants eat them back... But they had enough gobs to spare and they slowly but surely learned what plants stay away from.

Once the smoke stopped the goblins climbed back up the mountain and found most of the tunnels collapsed with only three openings still (mostly) intact.

This was perfect! A safe place where gobs can live and procreate to continue their tribe!

The goblins had a new home. No monster could hurt them here! No giant spiders, no stupid wolves, nor hateful humans! This is the goblin haven!

And you know what does this means?

What does this mean?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)