More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by dracone dracone

On to the Main Story

Meet our "Hero"

Evan Dilthas looked over his provisions, he wanted to make sure he had enough; his backpack had seen better days but was at least serviceable, he had packed enough daily rations to last a month (even though he was only planning to be in the dungeon for about a week), 3 full waterskins (it pays to have extras), an old used Gamberson that probably wouldn't survive more than one or two powerful hits (as good as cloth armor is, when it's aged and clearly been used a lot then it's not as effective), a cheap iron sword, and an old pendant shield that had clearly seen better days (if it lasted longer than the armor after being hit, that would be a miracle), 10 torches, a piece of flint rock, and some old work gloves and boots that were still very usable. Evan nodded to himself as he packed everything up.

Evan wasn't anything special to look at, if you asked anyone around town, his figure almost blended into the background and half the time people forgot about him when he wasn't heard by them. Evan was typically seen wearing a forest green tunic and rocky red trousers. At 24 years old, he was still not all that capable in social skills, it had taken him almost a half-hour to buy everything last time he was at the local general store.

After throwing on his gear, and making sure it was all secured to him as best as possible he headed out to the dungeon. Evan never had full-time work in town, only part-time work and odd jobs. Whatever he could bring back from the dungeon would probably net him more pay than he usually saw in a week. After leaving his house, which had been left to him by his parents, he headed southeast towards the worn-looking cellar doors for a crumbling stone house that served as the entry into the dungeon. He threw open the doors without ceremony and rushed down the stairs, not even noticing how the doors closed on their own behind him.

What does he see in the First Room?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)