More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MidbossMan MidbossMan

What comes next?

Meet Goodbye and then begin the interview

Although her nameplate said "Goodbye," you had a hard time believing that the woman across from you was really your boss, let alone the one appointed to head the legendary Goodbye Girls. She was short in stature, at least a head shorter than you, and probably about the same age, somewhere around thirty. She looked more like a librarian than anyone's boss, with nerdy, tear-shaped glasses, so thick that her eyes behind them were completely obscured. Her brown hair was... frankly, a mess, worn in a loosely wound bun that allowed stray hairs and split ends to stick out in every directly. It was as though she combed her bangs away from her forehead, then they all simply fell back wherever they liked.

Her gray sweater-vest, worn over a white button-up and with a black tie, failed to downplay a rather remarkable bosom... but also failed to hide a fairly thick waist. You couldn't see more from where you were sitting, but when she'd been kneeling a moment earlier, you saw she had some truly apple-bottomed hips, hidden by a black pencil skirt that seemed on the verge of tearing at any moment. That wasn't an exaggeration for the sake of eroticism; it really did seem she'd bought a skirt at least one size too small for her. The black high heels she wore weren't fooling anyone as to the goofiness of her character. Even now, as she attempted to steeple her hands upon her desk and look like a serious boss, you somehow already felt as though you were her superior.

Shaking your head, you tried to dispel these preconceptions. No... If she's appointed to be the chief of this fabled division, then she must certainly be a competent leader.

As her shaky hand reached for a cup of coffee, reading "#1 Boss" but looking like it was designed for someone with hands twice her own size, you started to doubt yourself. She gulped it down, not seeming to notice as she spilled drops down her chin and onto the white neckerchief she wore. Either this was her 12th cup or she was seriously jittery about something else... Maybe both?

"Ha ha... Nerves," Goodbye laughed, as though that explained everything, then set down her cup with a loud clank. "Welcome, Nathaniel Speck. I'm Goodbye- your new boss," she announced, as if you could have failed to pick that up by now. "I don't know how much they've already briefed you on, but we've got a lot to go over before you begin your foray into counter-espionage espionage."

"Counter-espionage espionage?" You hadn't heard anything about that.

"First, however, it's customary to conduct an entrance interview. We'll start with a personality test. Tell me, Mister Speck... What would you say is the greatest talent you bring to the Goodbye Girls?"

Well, she bucked that question. You had a pretty impressive resume, you thought, but if you had to pick just one thing...

((The choice you make here will give a small starting boost towards the regard of one of the girls and will very rarely give access to hidden text. It will not affect routes you can take.))

What is your most impressive talent?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)