More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Orlog4 Orlog4

Who is our MC

Max Warren, 20, single, technology student and activist

Your name is Max Warren. You study technology at the local university in a large town. You learned a lot about technology, physics and computer science. And you are really good. You got top grades and finished first semester as the best in class.

In your family things look good too, but this wasn’t always the case. Your dad died in a car accident when you were two years old. Your mom took it pretty bad and decided to visit a group therapy. There she met a guy who lost his wife and the two grew closer, even married some years later. Your stepfather has a daughter, who is barely two months younger than you. Allison, often called Allie, is a quite pretty girl with lots of friends, while you are more a lone wolf with just a few very good friends.

But you get along very good. She is your sister and you love her, even if you are not blood related. She helped you improve your looks and your relationships with girls, you helped her with school stuff and prevented her from failing final exams. Thanks to you she is now studying at the same university.

And you even share some friends. Allie is good friends with a local activist group. Most of the activists are Students like you. They sneak into local companies, free test animals, expose illegal and questionable connections and advise locals who became victims of and arbitrariness of the authorities. Well, it would be an understatement to say that this group is not particularly popular with some questionable people.

Going to demonstrations or help spread handouts is nice, but being part of the real group is a whole new level. Because Allie is very popular, you are welcome too. Especially since you can build and pilot drones that help the other activists in scouting and documentation. You helped the group and the people who they fight for a lot and even if no all was complete legal, it went very peacefully and never got out of control. Well at least until your last activity.

In Summer 2025, the activist group had learned that a well-known and widely hated real estate shark bought an old mansion at the border between downtown and outskirts. A large building with a very large garden. It was old and rundown. The former owner never used it and he died some months ago. Since he had no family left, his property was sold by the government.

Normally, this would not be a problem for your group, but the former owner allowed a local homeless shelter to use his large garden as an urban farm to grow crops and learn gardening skills. A very good project that fed a lot of people over the years. Sadly, the real estate shark had no interest in this project and instead planned to tear the whole building down and build new houses on the ground.

At first the group tried to talk with the new owner, but it was useless. Then they filled in a request to the local court. They should check if the destruction is really allowed. But according to the documents it is. The last chance you saw was to demonstrate against the destruction and block the road for the construction machines. As a reaction the new owner paid some thugs to kick you from his construction side by . Before fights could break out you used your skills to check the documents from the court again. And to your surprise, it turned out the documents have been worked over again. They are fake. The original documents warn about dangerous toxics that could get free when tearing down the building.

However, when you confront the real estate shark with the evidence he simply ordered his thugs to take the evidence from you by and destroy it. A fight broke out and the real estate shark himself knocked you down with a piece of wood and burns the evidence on the spot. He obviously forgot that some of your group members filmed everything and that you of course made a copy of the real documents.

One member of your group, David, is studying law and he negotiated with the lawyer of the real estate shark. With the evidence for document fraud and his chances were terrible. In the end he had no other choice than offering you the old house. It cost him a small fortune but a process would have been much worse.

Since you are the victim the house was singed over to you, but of course you immediately agreed to renew the contract with the homeless shelter and the mansion quickly became the new headquarter of the activist group. And also, the home of some members, since several landlords had contact to the real estate shark and hate your activities in general.

Well, you found out most of this only some days later, when your sister visits you in hospital. The group leaded made most of these decisions. But since you accepted it, the other activists consider you a hero now. The fight is now two weeks ago and you are finally released from hospital. Your sister and David pick you up to bring you to your new house for the first time.

Residents of the mansion:

Max Warren (20): You are the protagonist and owner of the mansion, garden and the urban farm. You study technology and are responsible for all gadgets, equipment and the website of the activist group. Your codename is Delta.

Allison >Allie< Warren (20). Your sister. You are not blood related but you still call her your sister and treat her like one. She loves music acting and cultural stuff. Her dream is to one day becomes a famous actor and dating a famous co-actor to become a Hollywood-couple. Ally is almost always happy and friendly. She also is on good terms with David, her ex-boyfriend. She studies art and is responsible for the activist group’s public relation, handouts, symbols and designs. Her codename is Epsilon.

Jennifer >Jenny< Moon (23): Jenny is the leader of the activist group. She was born in high society but soon became fed up with her own parents destructive and sometimes even illegal construction business. After some demonstrations, arguments and at least one lawsuit, she is pretty much dead for her parents and they are the same for her. Only her younger sister sometimes tries to talk with her. Jenny is bisexual and had both boyfriends and girlfriends in the past (which angers her conservative parents even more). She founded the activist group in her second year of college and leads it. She loves to help the poor and helpless. No matter if these helpless people are human, animals or plants. She also makes sure the group doesn’t ger too radical. Jenny studies medicine and next to her leadership, she tends the wounds of the activist group’s members and allies, if they can’t go to a real hospital. Her codename is Alpha.

Lilly Powers (22): While Jenny is the head of the group, her best friend Lilly is the muscle. Along with a small gang of friends she enforces order among demonstrations and protects the other activists in case of threatening or by enemies. However, she also has no problem to threaten or overpower others, making her very dangerous and questionable. Under her, the group would become seriously violent, but Jenny always manages to keep her in line. Lilly is not a student, but a professional material arts fighter and is responsible for the activist group’s safety and defense. Her codename is Beta.

Gina Morales (21): Gina is a friendly girl and a good friend of your sister. They were together in elementary school and you know her too form many sleepovers and birthday parties. Still before you joined the activists you barely ever talked to her. Gina’s main motivation is environment and nature. She likes to help people too, but prefers it to rescue plants and animals. She studies botanic and is responsible for the urban farm and does most environmental research. Her codename is Jota.

David Ismar (22): David is a so-called dreamer. Both his parents were originally born in Israel, but left because of the constant between Israel and Palestine. David was then born in the USA and got citizenship. He is the ex-boyfriend of Ally and one of the most important members of the activist group. He studies law and takes care of every lawsuit and legal problems the activist group faces. His codename is Gamma.

Alima Badawi (19): Alima is both the newest and the youngest member of the group. She is from an African country, where actually a civil war is going on. She worked as a maid for a rich family and lived with them, until her former employer and his son decided to use her for more than cleaning and cooking. When she refused this, the family called immigration service and claimed she is an illegal immigrant. Since they had her papers Alima would have been deported and likely killed in her home country. But to her luck the case got Jennies attention and you managed to recover her documents with some illegal hacking. Alima is not a student but supports the group with her maid skills and translations. Her codename is Omega.

Connor Larsson (23): Connor is a mysterious guy. You know almost nothing about him and he is always very distant. You talked with him several times about activist missions, but he never talks much about his personal life. He is very good with numbers and finances, but can be extremely strict when people mess with his calculations or waste the group’s money. He studies financial management and is responsible for the activist group’s war chest and donations. His codename is Theta.

Welcome to you new home.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)