More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Genericc616 Genericc616

So what problem do you have?

Matt - A wanted man

Matt saw the advert on a poster in the restroom of a bar he stopped in to grab a drink to calm his nerves, before heading onto to the next town over. He wondered just what kind of help this place offered, before shaking his head dismissing it as some kind of old advert for smokes or some local booze. 'Got to keep moving, got to keep running, get somewhere where no one could know you, and the money is all yours.' Matt thought to himself as he splashed some water onto his face, and looked at the reflection in the mirror.

Were it not for the bags under his eyes from lack of sleep, or the sweat on his brow, he wouldn't be too bad looking. Matt ran his wet hands through his thick brown hair a few tiny specs of grey reflecting the light, and then a hand over the stubble on his face. "Damnit I hope this hick town has a decent motel, I need a hot shower and shave." Matt says to himself before a voice made him jump.

"Well you're shit out of luck, no motels around here for miles." A man says as he struts over to a urinal and unzips to take a leak.

"Crap, Uhhh sorry about the hick town comment." Matt says quickly not wanting to start any trouble, after all trouble could mean sherrifs and that would leave you well and truly fucked.

"Mmmhmmm." The man at the urinal replies in an unconvinced tone. Matt wasn't sure if it sheer desperation, or maybe just not being able to face another night sleeping in his car, but he decided to take a chance.

"I don't suppose you might have a spare room I could use. I mean I'd pay of course...... Above the normal rate." Matt tries as he watches the man as he finishes up and zips up his trousers, striding over to the sink and washing his hands, before finally responding.

"Buddy you must really be if you're proposition a guy you just met in the shitter for a bed for the night." The man says in a tone that was making Matt regret saying anything. "Look I don't know what your deal is, and frankly I don't care, keep your troubles to yourself." The man says as he dries his hands on his jeans, heading towards the door before stopping to face Matt. "If you really need a place you can head to that ranch, they fix problems, don't see why a bed for the night wouldn't fit into the description." The man says as turns and leaves.

"Thanks, is it discreet?" Matt asks quickly, unsure if he'd get an answer.

"Oh it's discreet alright, trust me you'll see." The man says before you hear the door to the restroom shut, leaving Matt alone, as he walks over to the poster, and looks at the directions written on the poster. Matt sighed heavily as he rubs his aching head, it had to beat another night of bad sleep, and waking up to back ache, and it's not like anyone would be looking for him there.

Matt finished his drink and then got back into his car, stopping only to get his bearings by asking the barman before leaving him a tip, and leaving before anyone might get a good enough look to remember his face. Matt quickly checks under the passenger seat of his car fumbling for the handle to the briefcase, looking around the car park before pulling the case into his lap. He pops the latches and reveals the piles of money bundled together, before slipping a good number of bills into his wallet and securing the case and slipping it back under the seat. Thinking about whether he should head to the farm or try his luck somewhere else?

Do you head to the Ranch?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)