More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Openmind Openmind

Which Adventure?

Mary and her Doctor. (8 and Mary Shelley. Series.)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: There are two things I feel the need to address before you proceed with this story. The first, is that though in the fiction of the story Mary's face shall indeed appear like that of Julie Cox, the woman who portrayed the famous Author during her adventures with the 8th Doctor, any pornographic pictures/gifs that I include, will not feature her, the reason simply being: I cannot find any. The second, is that Lili Miller, the actress who played her in the Chib Who episode; "Who cares? it was rubbish anyway", is not in-fact the face of Mary Shelley in The Doctor Who universe, that title goes EXCLUSIVELY to Julie Cox.


Mary Shelley.

Mary sat at her desk, in her bedroom in the TARDIS. Her feather quill pen moved over the pale parchment of her journal.

'It has been seven weeks to the day since I first began my journey with The Doctor. Seven weeks since I have seen my husband, Percy, for whom I have feelings stronger than I can ever express... But when I am with the Doctor, when he has consumed me in his all-consuming presence, I forget my darling husband, I forget my life, back on Earth... I forget everything, that isn't him. His curly hair, his crooked grin, his nobility, his kind hearts... His blue eyes. But Percy. Percy is my love. I do not know how long I can continue my adventures with the Doctor. I do not know how long I can...'

There was a sudden knock at the door, a soft four rhythm beat, it was quiet, but still made Mary jump out of her seat, and slam her journal closed. "Yes?!" She said, eyes wide. "I've just come to let you know we've landed." The voice from the other side of the door said, the soothing nature of it calmed Mary instantly. "I shall be with you in a moment, Doctor." Mary ensured. "No hurry, just thought I'd let you know."

Mary entered the grand Console room, the walls were lined with book shelves, there were tables, desks, and chairs strewn around the room in no particular order. A gramaphone sat on one of the smaller tables, next to an old arm chair, and it was currently playing a song Mary did not recognize.

"... Let me see what spring is like..." The Doctor sang along, without even looking up from the console to look at Mary as she entered. "...On Jupiter and Mars. In other words..." He sang, as Mary cleared her throat.

The Doctor turned round and looked at Mary as she entered. "Ah, good." He said, looking her up and down. "You've changed?" He commented, standing up straight and looking at her. "You asked me to, did you not?" She replied. "Though... I do feel rather..." She said, looking down at the clothes she was wearing. A plain black shirt and pants. "...Naked?" She said, wincing. "Oh..." The Doctor said, frowning, putting his hands into his pockets. "Not to worry, all the women of the 21st century wear clothes like that, trust me, you'll stand out much less like this than if you were wearing your dress."

Mary smiled. "Is that where we are? The 21st century?" The Doctor nodded, "As long as the old girl hasn't let us down." He said, turning to the console. "But all the readings are telling me that we've landed in Earth year 2075. Interesting year."

"Have you been before?" Mary asked.

"No..." The Doctor answered, quietly.

"Then how do you know it's 'interesting'?"

"Reputation. I seem to recall there was some kind of rebellious movement that started in the late 21st century... Something about freedom and human rights, that sort of thing."

"That does sound interesting. What was the movement about?" asked Mary.

"I don't remember, but let's go find out."

"After you, Doctor."

The Doctor obliged Mary's offer, and moved to the Console Doors, the large wooden doors opened automatically for him as he stepped into the darkness behind them that brought him to the outer shell of the TARDIS, the small Blue Box.

The pair exited the TARDIS and looked around. "Where are we?" Mary asked, looking up at the Doctor, who sniffed the air and scratched at his forehead. "Er... London, I think..." And as he said this, a man threw up not seven feet from them, a large woman tossed a beer bottle at a group of black teens and a man in a hoodie bumped into another man and asked if he 'wanted any.' Mary nodded. "What gave you that idea?" She asked, sarcastically, to which the Doctor chuckled. "C'mon. Let's find a bite to eat, while I try to remember what it was that was happening in the back half of the 21st century."

What is it that's happening in the back half of the 21st century?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)