More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Openmind Openmind

What is it that's happening in the back half of the 21st century?

"This Is Embarrassing"

The pair of them sat in a restaurant, Mary was pointing at things in amazement. Everything was so... Futuristic to her, The Doctor just smiled and nodded, agreeing that "Mobile phones are a marvel." and "The Television is like magic."

"Well...?" Mary asked, suddenly. "Well?" The Doctor echoed, as he began to cut into his steak. "What was the movement?" Mary asked. "I'm sorry I just can't remember." The Doctor apologized, running a napkin over his lips. "I thought it was the whole reason we came here?" She asked, incredulously. "It was, but... I can't remember why." Mary rolled her eyes. "Doctor..." She said, shaking her head. "Wait a minute, wait a minute..." The Doctor said, raising his hands and pausing for a minute...

"Well?" Mary asked, for the second time in as many minutes.

"Well?" The Doctor echoed again.

"What was the movement!?" She asked, laughing.

"Oh... I don't remember. Just thought I had to sneeze."

Mary sighed and looked up in annoyance. "Excuse me?" A man asked, walking over to them. He looked about 19-22, black hair, brown eyes, about 5'09", pale, patchy stubble and a quiet voice. "Yes?" The Doctor asked. "I heard you talking about the movement." The man explained. "Are you for, or against?" The man asked. The pair of travelers looked at each-other. "Well we don---" Mary began. "WE..." The Doctor interrupted giving Mary a look. "... We support anything that adds to human rights." He answered, this comment made the young man smile. "So..." The young man began. "Would you be willing to... uh... That is... This is the first time I've met someone else who supports... Someone not in my circle that is..." The man stuttered over himself. "... So... I was wondering if... Would you give me a B.J.?"

There was a moment of silence. Mary looked at The Doctor, The Doctor looked at Mary, the Man looked at The Doctor, The Doctor looked at the Man, Mary looked at her food, The Doctor looked at Mary, Mary looked at the Doctor, Both looked at the Man. "A what?" Both said in unison.

The man blushed. "Uh... A... Blowjob. Wait... Are you not gay?" He asked, motioning to the manner of dress, the Doctor wore. "I just thought..." The Doctor started to wave his hands. "Woah, woah, woah, woah... What are you talking about?" There was a third awkward pause. "The movement?" The man said finally. "Knew we should have asked..." Mary whispered. "Shh..." The Doctor whispered back. "Yes, sorry... We're together." The Doctor said, motioning between himself and Mary. The man nodded. "Right... Right, sorry, I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... I just... You're really... I mean... Bye." He stuttered and practically ran away.

"This Is Embarrassing." The Doctor commented. "What is?" Mary asked. "What is a 'Blowjob' and what is the Movement?" She asked. The Doctor narrowed his eyes at her, opened his mouth to speak, shut it, pulled a face, opened his mouth again, then took a deep breath and put his hands together. "Well..." He began. "If I remember correctly, it started a couple years ago." He paused, biting his lip. "And...?" Mary encouraged. "Well... There was a movement to remove the stigma surrounding..." The Doctor made a motion with his head, then made an obscene mime with his fingers, which only succeeded in confusing Mary. "What is..." She said, mimicking the mime. The Doctor shook his head. "It... There was a movement to allow people to freely preform acts of sexual connection in public, or wherever and with whomever they wished..." There was a moments pause. "And a blowjob?" Mary asked. "I believe that is when someone puts the male genitals in their mouths and..." "OKAY!" Mary shouted, lifting her hand to silence him.

"Why..." Mary started. "... Did you bring me here?" She asked, cocking an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" The Doctor asked. "Well..." Mary blushed. "... Was there a reason... A reason why you wanted to bring me to a time and place where it was socially acceptable to..." She redid the mime. "... You know." She said, her green eyes wide, with anticipation. The Doctor stared at her, watching as her chest rose and fell in quick succession. "I didn't remember..." He answered quietly. "didn't you?" Mary replied, just a quiet. "I..." He said, their eyes locked. "I... Don't know..." The pair stared at each other in silence. "Percy is my husband, Doctor." Mary said, her voice returning to the proper, upper-class Victorian valued woman he had met in Switzerland. "I know." The Doctor commented, his voice even quieter than before.

The pair watched each-other for another minute. "I think we should go back to the TARDIS." Mary said, standing. "Alright." The Doctor replied, his voice still quiet, as he stood and the pair walked, silently, back to the TARDIS, he watched as Mary darted through the large console room, to her bedroom without saying a single word.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)