More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Risax Risax

Who approaches the city?

Malcolm - A young swordsman with an odd sword.

"Reveal yourself now!" The guard yelled again, gripping his spear tighter.

A figure in a cloak appeared in the guard's field of vision, the hood was up and a sword was at the figures side. Then the guard heard something, the figure was talking to someone, but there wasn't anyone walking anyone with him. The guard wondered if the man was crazy, but crazy or not the man walked like he was used to carrying a sword.

"Halt!" The guard shouted. "Reveal your face!" The man complied, and took off his hood revealing his face.

If it weren't for the fact that the youth was missing a pair of pointy ears, the guard could have sworn that the young man in front of him was one of the mythological elves his mother had told him stories about.
The youth's amber eyes seemed to glow like molten gold, and a leather braided headband kept his auburn hair out of his face.

“Uhm... Is there a problem, sir?” The youth asked, as the guard looked him over.

The youth was wearing a deep green cloak, with a tan tunic under it. His pants were a dark shade of brown, they were baggy and looked easy to move in. Seeing the simple clothes, the guard wondered how the young man could afford such a fancy sword. The sword's handle seemed to be made from ivory, with the pommel being shaped like the head of a dragon, he also noticed that the dragon head had a small blue jewel in his mouth. Another jewel was stuck in the center of the cross-guard, it looked like a ruby which was about the size of a chicken egg, the cross-guard itself was shaped like a pair of wings. The blade of the sword was stuck inside a rather plain looking scabbard, but it looked like the blade was slightly curved. The guard was now pretty sure that the youth had stolen the sword, and the man had talked to himself...

“So he's crazy and a thief.” The guard mumbled to himself.

“Malcolm, I don't think he's going to let us in.” Ursula told the young swordsman.

“Eh? Why not?” Malcolm whispered to Ursula, in a puzzled tone of voice.

“Because it looks like you stole me.” Ursula giggled. “And your whispering to yourself like a crazy person.”

“Who are you talking to!?” The guard's voice shook Malcolm from his musings.

Malcolm scratched the back of his neck. “Eh...To myself?” Malcolm told the guard.

“I don't think he believes you.” Ursula's voice told Malcolm, and Malcolm had to agree with her after he saw the angry eyes of the guard.

"Well what should I've said? 'I was talking to my sword sir.', I would've sound like a nutjob." Malcolm told Ursula in an angry whisper, which Ursula only giggled to in response.

“Let me help you Malcolm.” Ursula told Malcolm. “Now concentrate on the guard.” Malcolm did as he was told, and suddenly he felt very tired as if he had just ran from his home town to Zatakia.

The guard seems to be completely frozen into place, he didn't even seem to blink...
“What happened?” Malcom asked Ursula, worried what has just happened.

“I froze time around him, I had to use your energy to do it and that's why your so tired.”

“You froze time?” Malcom said surprised.

“Only around the guard, you don't have the energy and I don't have the power to freeze time entirely, no one does.” Ursula explained. “Now quickly get into the city, before the spell wears off.”

Malcolm did as he was told and quickly passed the guard...

What's Malcolm's reason for visiting Zatakia?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)