More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by fantaghiro fantaghiro

It was:

Maggie, your ex-girlfriend

Maggie was your best friend in college. She is clever, and sweet, and fun to talk to, and … maybe not the most attractive woman, but still pretty in her way. She is short, a little plump, and has the widest smile in the world.

You have known Maggie even longer than Jackie – you were next-door neighbors in college, and you did everything together – late night snack breaks, movie marathons, and impromptu dance parties. You know Maggie always had feelings for you, but you never felt quite the same way. She is clever, and sweet, and fun to talk to, but she just always felt more like a sister – familiar and comfortable.

You went out on a few dates in sophomore year, but it was obvious it wasn’t going to work out. She just wasn’t quite… your type. So you agreed to be friends, even though you could tell Maggie was disappointed. And a few months later you met Jackie – tall, graceful, with a skinny waist, wide hips and nice large breasts. She had the most gorgeous smile and she swayed when she walked – she made you just melt. And of course she was quick-witted, and generous, and all of those other things, too. Maggie went back to being your best friend, but you always wondered whether she had gotten over you – she hadn’t really dated anyone seriously since then. And you always wondered how things would have gone if she was just a little more attractive.


As the room comes back into focus, you see Maggie and Jackie standing still, looking dazed. You grab Jackie’s hand. “Are you alright, Jackie?”

Jackie blinks a few times, amused, and delicately brushes the hair out of her eyes. “Wait, what?”

Maggie peers intensely at Jackie, then composes herself. “Ger, I think Maggie and I switched bodies.”

You scrunch up your nose. “What do you mean you and Maggie?”

This time Jackie responds. “I’m Maggie, Gerry. And Jackie is me.” She looks over at Maggie, then down at her own body. You think you see her smile excitedly for a second, but she quickly fills her face with concern.

You look plaintively to Jackie-in-Maggie’s-body. “Well, is there any way we could fix this?”

Jackie scrunches up Maggie’s eyebrows as she works through it. “Well, the orb is broken, so I don’t think we have any way to undo this now. Besides, we don’t have much time… The ceremony is in an hour, I have to get dressed…” She trailed off and looked at Maggie-in-Jackie’s-body, whose eyes were going a bit wide. But Jackie suddenly burst out, “What were you doing in here in the first place? This is our wedding prep room!”

Maggie looks taken aback in Jackie’s dark curls. “Sorry, I got here a little early, and I thought the bathroom might be back here?”

You jump in, “It’s not her fault… we have no idea what even happened.”

Jackie sighs, frustrated, and catches a glimpse of herself in the mirror, heavier and shorter than usual, with a bright red, somewhat tacky, dress. “I guess we don’t have any choice but to just try to get through with today. Maggie, you shouldn’t have to think about much – everything should be set. Just… try to not screw this up.”

Maggie nods silently.

But you put up one last objection. “Are you sure? We can… do something.”

Jackie smiles up at you with Maggie’s big brown eyes. “There’s nothing we can do right now, Ger. We’ll figure this out after the reception.” Suddenly she wraps her arms around your neck and kisses you intensely. You close your eyes and try to just go with it. But it feels weird… like kissing your sister.

Without another word, Jackie sweeps out of the room and directs Maggie to the bridal room. You sit for a bit.

Where do you see Maggie next?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)