More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

what kind of man are you?

Lottery Winner and Fresh Starter (MordoBriggs)

It was a miracle that you even gained something as grand as a winning lottery ticket with a prize (after taxes) of around 5 billion dollars.

The only reason you won was thanks to your uncle recklessly paying for them constantly that he often disregarded some of the others when he had a fit over losing.

Compared to him you were the type to save money, cleaning up his mess at night you found the winning ticket just under his old chair.

You recognized the numbers and realized it was a winner. You would’ve told him if not for the fact he went out to drink at a bar.

Unfortunately, he died in a car accident that same night intoxicated.

You were now without any other family. Your parents weren’t interested in you as they preferred your older sibling and your uncle before he let his addiction get the better of him actually wanted to help you out so he took you in. (Until he was divorced by his cheating wife and lost his job.)

You ended up turning in the ticket and receiving the money.

The first things you did were to pay for a reasonably priced funeral for him where only a select few cared enough about your uncle to see him off.

You were responsible enough to live in an apartment away from prying eyes however your so called family wanted you back although you knew they wanted your money so you decided to start over.

With some time on hand, you contracted a brand new house and put it down in another state where you could begin your life again.

It took some time but you had your hobby of unconventional fanfic writing to tide you over plus you did play video games and watched movies and tv too.

Then it was time, you did however change your name and moved to your new home.

Your new name is Antonio “Tony” Langley. (Tony being your late uncles first name.)

The house was well put together with plenty of appliances and shared living space including personal additions you thought to add.

You smiled and already planned on what to do with your life now that you had a fresh start. You would go to college to take courses and hopefully to start finding a full time job to settle things for yourself.

Some money would be kept for yourself but you also wanted to live a more earnest life so once you finalized your plans, you would give away some money for charities and some foundations that help other less fortunate people and work to earn your own.

For now though, you wanted to enjoy the solitude of your new home…

*Knock* *Knock*

You heard your front door was being knocked on and curious enough, you went to check out who it was.

All there was, was a large cardboard box almost the size of a refrigerator.

You shrug thinking there might’ve been a last minute delivery that the movers almost forgot and proceed (with trouble) to bring it into the house.

You open it just to find a funky looking juke box. It wasn’t anything you ordered but instead you noticed an envelope attached to the glass panel and proceed to open it.

It was addressed to you… with your former name on it too.

_“Dear Mr. ***** ******* now Antonio Langley. This is a gift, please enjoy to your hearts content and good luck on your new life. \__

From a friend…”

You furrowed your eyebrows wondering why this was sent to you, As unsure as you felt, it was an oddly cool little piece to keep so you put it inside your living room and begin hooking it up.

It just didn’t hit you that doing so will change everything.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)