More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by personunused personunused

What's next?

List of goddesses

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is based on the religion brainstorming from Life in Lady-Land. If there is anyone you want to add please leave a comment there.

Olympians

Dione

The lightning wielding empress of the heavens. Greatest of all heroines, Dione has spent her life fighting against injustice.

Mother of Athena, father of many other goddesses. Even her sisters call her "Mother" out of respect.

Hera

Queen of the goddesses by merit of being mother to many of them. While less adventuresome than Dione her wife/sister she is responsible for maintaining the benefits of those conquests. Furthermore her efforts to sabotage her wife's extra-marital affairs are quite literally the stuff of legend.

Aphrodite

Like her parents she is in an incestuous marriage to a sister of questionable loyalty. However where Hera relies on cruel tricks to drive away Dione's mistresses Aphrodite maintains her position as the most lovely of the goddesses so that Athena always comes back.

Athena

Scholar, warrior, cosmic dominatrix. Athena embodies both cool headed wisdom gained from study and the hot tempered passion of combat. She is famed for making her enemies into servants of every variety. Athena's great weakness however is envy she harbours towards her own mother Dione.

Hestia

The goddess of housework. While the least exciting she is also the most widely worshipped as every kitchen is her temple and every housewife her priestess.

The Fates

Three sisters, of uncertain parentage who together maintain time. This task is represented as creating a tapestry where each thread is someone's life. They are:

  1. Clotho Goddess of the future. Spins the threads of life.
  2. Lachesis Goddess of the present. Keeps count of the threads length.
  3. Atropos Goddess of the past. Cuts the threads.

The Muses

Nine daughters of Dione and Mnemosyne (goddess of memory) who guide artists, scientists, philosophers and law-makers. They are:

  • Calliope Leader of the Muses. While her father Dione is the role model of justice, Calliope delivers specific insights and innovations.
  • Clio Both history and literature, especially concerning heroines.
  • Euterpe Music (especially classical), philosophy and computer programming.
  • Thalia Comedy, inspirational stories and architecture.
  • Melpomene Tragic stories and persuasive speaking.
  • Terpsichore Dance. Happiest of the muses.
  • Erato Romantic and erotic stories. A source of embarrassment and frustration to the church.
  • Polyhymnia Religious art, music and writing.
  • Urania Physical sciences, especially astronomy.

Titans

Eris

Elder sister of Dione and Hera. Nobody is sure if she is evil, insane, plain unlucky or some combination of the above. In any case she is the bringer of bad luck.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)