More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by hewhoismany hewhoismany

Who is the protagonist(s)?

Link, the Hero of Time

(Originally written by Haloblablabla)

Link was frustrated. The Great Deku Tree had told him to meet “the Princess of Destiny” in Hyrule Castle and stop the man from his nightmares. The castle guards, however, did not seem to take the word of the Great Deku Tree as highly as he did. Dejected he made his way back to the market, perhaps the bazaar would have something that could help him get inside the castle.

He was on his way down to the bazaar when a strange-looking store caught his eye. According to the large sign above the door, it was a… mask shop? Wondering why there would be an entire shop dedicated to solely selling masks, he decided to put his quest on hold and indulge his curiosity.

When he attempted to open the door and walk inside he found that the door was locked. Somewhat depressed by the fact that he had been denied entry to two places in one day he sighed and was about to turn and leave when he heard the door unlock. It swung open to reveal a skinny, orange-haired man with an eerie grin on his face.

“So sorry about that, I’m just starting to get ready for the day.” He then stepped aside, motioning for Link to enter the building. “But you’re free to look around while I set up shop.” Part of Link was telling him he should leave and get back to his Quest, but he ultimately gave in to his curiosity and entered the store.

As he moved inside, he heard the door shut behind him has the shop owner walked across the room at sat down behind the counter. Behind him was a wide variety of masks which ranged from colorful and childlike, to downright creepy.

“I’m afraid I don’t have any masks available for sale right now.” He said, even though there were plenty of masks behind him. He then pulled what a small wooden box from beneath the counter and positioned it so Link could have a clear view. ”However, I believe these will allow you to solve your problem quite easily.” He opened the box to reveal two ornate coins, one gold, and one silver.

Link, oblivious to the fact the shopkeeper seemed to be aware of his current dilemma regarding the castle, decided to go ahead and make a purchase.

Which coin does he buy?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)