More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LittleLilliana LittleLilliana

What is the phone call about?

Lily is actually a princess.

Lily groaned as she tossed and turned, the sun blinding her as she lie in bed. She had done all of her princess-ly duties for the week, and simply wanted to sleep in. She knew, however, that her mother would be in any moment to wake her up, seeing as the royal ball was in just a few days. She still didn't understand why it was such a big deal, or why she even had to go. The whole "worthy suitor" gimmick was profound and incompetent to her. She should be able to choose her own lover, when she felt ready to do so. Then again, her mother was cruel and hateful, and resented Lily's existence from the moment she gave birth, so she was used to being pushed around, which was a bit ironic since she was a princess.

On cue, her mother slammed her chamber doors open, a few maids galloping behind her as she entered the room. "Wake up, you impudent brat, we've many things to discuss before the ball. I'll not have you causing a scene or whining over the potential suitors who've come to seek your hand in matrimony." Lily sighed, rolling her eyes as she pushed herself up on her bed. The maids behind her mother stared at the ground, truly terrified of the queen. Part of Lily wished people would have that level of fear and respect for her, but she knew it was a silly pipe dream when she really considered it.

Her kingdom thrived on importing and exporting, mainly the tropical fish found in nearby waters, and the fantastic fruits grown in town. Of course, the queen never did any of the work, nor did the king. Not that he mattered, much, seeing as he was traveling for the next year. Her mother loved belittling and degrading the peasants, as she called them, more commonly known as the commoners, and making them work day in and day out, only to steal their hard work so she could gain profit. They were compensated, of course, but not much, and certainly not enough to make the labor summer after summer worthwhile.

"I'm up, I'm up." Lily groaned again, rubbing her temple as she eyed her mother. "What business do you have coming in here and making such demands? I've already acknowledged and stated I would be in attendance to this... this... activity." The words "Royal" and "Ball" didn't roll off her tongue right. The queen turned on her heels, glaring at the smug brat in bed. "It is my job as both your mother and queen to ensure you marry into the proper family, do not question me or my methods ever again, or I'll have you locked to this room for a full moons cycle." Lily stayed quiet, her eyes drifting down at her blanket, not wanting to create or cause a scene. "You have until Friday to prepare yourself, I suggest you keep yourself busy until then, for that evening I will summon you and you shall present to me the princess I expect."

Her mother left the room, the clicking of her heels echoing outside her chamber, before silence fell upon the room. She knew how to dress, as well as act, prim and proper. So she basically had a week to do whatever she wanted, and the castle was so big, the odds of running into her mother were slim. She wanted to do something... fun. Something to give her a break from her every day life. She glanced around her room, watching the maids as they scurried about and cleaned, picking up dirty clothes, organizing her tiaras, as well as polishing them, and another drawing her a bath. One of the maids she had a more personal relationship with, if you wanted to call it that. Her name was Jester, and she was around the same age as Lily. Calling her over, she whispered into her ear, telling her to dismiss the other maids, and then to wait on her bed while she bathed.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)