More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Lucinda Lucinda

What will your strategy be?

Leave your troops to their own battles and try to inspire them by taking out the enemy champions

Everwhere you look enemy forces are pushing your meagre troops back or trapping them in diminishing knots. Before long you are going to be overwhelmed. What you need is a way to inspire your kinfolk whilst demoralising your foes. Standing up in your stirrups you scan the field and pick out three targets which might accomplish this.

To your right a metal beast huffs steam and crawls across the plain, seemingly impervious to damage. Over on the left flank an Orc general seems to be coordinating the attack, decimating your elves and roaring on his viciously armed squad. Finally, behind the others is a dark figure wreathed in mist and smoke. Even from this distance you can just about sense her dark magic as you focus. She is a powerful sorceress causing chaos amongst your small army and no doubt a key part of the enemy strategy.

You drop back to the saddle as an arrow finds it’s mark, making your runes flare as they resist damage to your arm. Your mind reels at the powerful pieces arrayed against you. You can’t help but wonder why they are committing so heavily against your relatively small contingent. You can only hope that your vanguard can hold out for reinforcement from the main army. Controlling the rising fear in the pit of your stomach you consider who to hit. Destroying any one of your targets could shift momentum back in your favour, if you are swift enough!

Who will you challenge?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)