More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Heroix Heroix

So what happens from here?

Later that night, a mystical encounter...

Daichi fell back on his bedsheets with a sigh. The kind of sigh that seems to start in your fingertips and toes, then proceeds to drag out the energy from every last corner of your body. Finally he was home, finally he was in bed, and he had no intention of getting back out of it.

Man I feel exhausted. Though somehow not quite as bad as I would’ve expected from a day like this. Guess this new body’s muscle really isn’t just for show.’ His thoughts were calm, almost playful even. However there was a certain numb quality to them that he felt slowly slipping away. The throbbing in his head that had built over the day coming back as his thoughts deteriorated.

It was too much too quickly. He’d needed time to adjust, time to rationalize, and then time to learn about the new world he found himself in. As such, he’d not been able to spend long enough on any pursuit. Still in shock, still unsure of what happened, and still unable to figure out where his work was.

Thank kami that today is Saturday. If it wasn’t I don’t know what I would’ve- ...did I just default to kami?’ Going over what he’d learned over the course of the day provided little solace. As what Daichi had learned was a handful of answers, and many more questions. Deciding that the world had turned into an anime was itself something that raised more questions and concerns than it answered.

The world is different, yeah. That much is obvious. But it’s not just superficial differences. The rules have changed. Whether that’s Physics or something more abstract I dunno. People’s hair, some of those tits, and I swear that kid who tumbled from his bike was speaking for like 10 seconds before he hit the ground. I mean seriously, he said a whole 2 sentences when he fell like a foot and a half.’ A sudden groan escaped Daichi as the pain in his head spiked. He draped his arm over his eyes and his attention to his breathing until the chaos in his mind stilled. Still he laid like this for some time. Knowing the inevitable outcome, yet helpless to hold back the torrent of thought forever.

So if the world is an anime now, god what a ridiculous thing to say, what does that actually mean? Are highschoolers secretly running around fighting monsters? Are giant robots gonna suddenly start showing up? ...are harems gonna be a thing? On that train of thought exactly how much hentai influence is there? Er- anyway. Are there fantastic elements to the world now, that’s my biggest question to answer... I think.’ It took some time after even this point, but eventually the exhaustion of the day overcame the roar of unanswered questions. Daichi gratefully drifted off into sleep. Sleep that was all too soon plagued by a whole different type of issue.

*~o0o Meanwhile o0o~*

"You may actually be the worst demon I've ever seen." Liluka could only grunt in pain as the words seemed to pierce through her chest faster than a blessed dagger. She staggered back a few steps, a hand raised pitifully in front of her as though she could block the harsh words.

"H-hang on! Isn't that too harsh!?" The figure in front of her could only scoff, annoyance all too audible in it's tone.

"Have you ever met a demon who could say they've not preyed upon even a single innocent soul?"

"Ugh! We-well no-"

"Of course you haven't. You're surely the only one." Liluka staggered back again, crying out as the words lanced through her yet again.

"Kuh!"

"It's enough to have some wonder if maybe you aren't some sort of angel in disguise."

"Gah!"

"Pathetic." Liluka crumpled over defeated, weighed down as though each word was an arrow she'd been peppered with. She laid still for a moment before leaping far up into the sky, wings spreading as she took flight. The look on her face akin to that of a pouting child puffing out their cheeks.

"Just you wait! I'll get someone amazing! Someone you couldn't devour in ten billion years!" And with a flourish of wings Liluka shot off into the night. The other figure present couldn't hold back a slight sigh at the sight.

"And now she’s off to do something ridiculous. I suppose I’ll get blamed for it, but at least we’ll be able to end this farce."

*~o0o Sometime Later o0o~*

"Hm. Hmmm. Hmmmmmm." Liluka looked out over the city below her, deep in concentration before nodding sagely. Then clutched at her head wildly, hair bunched up in her frenzied hands. "I'M TOTALLY LOST! I thought I'd just find somewhere that was a little close to a danger zone, maybe somewhere a block away from a church, but I have no idea where I am now! What if I turn the wrong corner and get exorcised!?" She suddenly froze in mid-air and slowly turned her head to look behind her with tears in the corner of her eyes. As though she expected to see a priest flying right behind her. Seeing no floating priests she let out a sigh of relief. Liluka sniffed once, and with a sudden shift of mood whipped her head around to gaze at a particular apartment building. Frozen again for different reasons, she took another slower breath in through her nose. A fanged predatory smile spread across her face as she approached the building. All previous levity was missing in an instant, leaving behind the form of a hunter gliding through the night at incredible speed. Not even making enough sound to startle a mouse. Halting outside a particular window, Liluka glanced down at the young redheaded man apparently asleep on his bed.

"Such a tasty smell! It makes me wanna-" The demon licked her lips as a rictus grin darkened her face. "-gobble you up!" And as though her body were no more than illusion with dark intent, she passed right through the closed window into the room beyond.

Resulting in a loud sudden sound as her forehead smashed into the floor.

"OW! Bless it! I tripped on the frickin' windowsill!" Liluka was on all fours on the ground, rubbing the new slight bump on her head. "Stupid heels. Stupid dress code. Wish I could just wear my bunny slippe-" Then she froze while getting to her feet. For suddenly she found herself looking into the startled eyes of the handsome young man who was now very much awake.

How does he react?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)