More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by PossessorBozzo PossessorBozzo

Looking for a group

LFG Board

A few weeks after her graduation, Millia finally settled everything with her family, her counselors, and teachers. She set every necessary tool in her magic bag and walked into the Guild named "The Explorer Guild."

As a newbie, what she needed to do was look for a good team to start off her adventures with. Preferably one with good teachers, considering she's going to start at F-Rank.

The way Ranks work are like this:

F-Ranks cannot participate in battles. Can only be scouts, scavengers, and carriers. Will only advance by becoming an apprentice to a B-rank in a Battle Team. The reason F-Rankers are so sought after is because successfully ranking up an F-Ranker gives credits to the Teacher that can help them rank up much faster.

D-Ranks, unlike F-Ranks, can participate in battles. Most D-Ranks just barely received their battle credentials from their masters. The most deaths come from D-Ranks due to their negligence and ego. The jump from F-Rank to D-Rank at shortest takes three months.

C-Ranks have the ability to join any quest regardless of rank, and have much higher payment benefits compared to D-Ranks because the jump from D to C is far more difficult than F to D.

B-Rank and above must accept summons from emergency quests in their sector. Starting at B-Rank, adventurers are given high priority to newer weapons and locations to explore.

A-Rank and above are given access to certain parts of the Royal Archives as an award for their hard work.

S-Rank many times are employed by Royal Families themselves. Many are granted their very own sectors.

Apparently, the famous Slime-Girl, Ahava the S-Ranker, has jurisdiction over the current sector Millia is currently in. There are rumors that Ahava herself created the Explorer Guild as an attempt to find her lost long lover.

When Millia heard of the rumor, she thought it was very romantic. A romantic tragedy for an S-Ranker to lose her beloved mate.

The cow-girl moved to the Recruitment Board. She needed to find a team that was currently open to teaching F-Rankers. Unfortunately, she only saw two groups open. Apparently, due to the last emergency summons wave, many higher-tiered groups are taking breaks.

Reading the two papers, she compared them:

Team Red-Eyes:

Members:

Vianna, Demon Succubus (Leader) C-Rank Mage

Sarah, Human Knight - D-Rank Knight

Lotus, Pixie - C-Rank Enchanter

Team Fate:

Members:****

Freya, Slime-Girl (Leader) C-Rank Assassin

Sheila, Shapeshifter - F-Rank Scout

Desiree, Arachnia - D-Rank Assassin

First thing Millia noticed was that both teams were all-female. This was good, as she definitely didn't want to enter teams with romance feuds. She heard horror stories from her previous classmates about whole teams falling apart because of romance problems.

However, her relief was short-lived. Both teams had a species her mother warned about. To Lilliana, Slime-Girls and Demons were body-snatching opportunists, especially toward cow-girls. "Should be fine as long as I have my necklace on, right?" She looked down at the crystal between her generous pale valley. "Yeah, should be."

Looking at the two posters, she placed a finger on her chin in contemplation. She wondered whether she should go talk to the receptionist if there are anymore or pick one already on the board. "I wonder which should I pick?"

Does she pick a team on the board or does Millia go talk to the receptionist?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)