More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Manbear Manbear

Who are you?

Kyle Hawkfeather, 36, discharged marine

You pull up in front of the impressive grey stone façade of Pink Rose Academy and park your partially restored Indian in one of the visitor spots. You grin to yourself as you take a moment to look over the building and grounds. The place virtually reeks of money. Somehow you doubt that this school has ever had a beat-up motorcycle parked in its august parking lot. Well, from what you hear this is just the first of many changes that this school was going to be going through. You unstrap your duffle from the back before heading up the stairs to the massive double doors.

As you walk up the polished marble steps, you go over the odd conversation you had with the Senator just two weeks ago.

"I don't understand, Sir." You told the sharply groomed man with just the right amount of grey in his temples to look distinguished without looking old, "You want me to work in a school?"

"I know it's not quite what you were expecting Kyle, but I think you're just the man for the job." He swirled his glass a few times before looking up again. "For God's sake Hawk, sit down and have a drink! I'm not your commanding officer anymore and you're no longer a marine." Your discharge had been hard to take, but it wasn't the Colonel's fault so with a shrug you took a seat, wincing a little as your knee buckled.

"You did take the drink he offered, some of the smoothest bourbon you've ever sipped - but he was after all a Senator from Kentucky - and in the end you took the job he offered too. Dean of Students at this elite girl's school, no, you corrected yourself mentally, elite Finishing School for young ladies.

"What's a Dean of Students?" You asked the Senator, "and why this school?"

The Colonel explained that he was one of the Board of Regents for the Pink Rose Academy, and that in his position he had been pushing for some major changes in the very prestigious school known for educating only the very most select young women. The school, he told you, was falling into very dangerous territory and that as Dean of Students, your role would be to bring order back to the school by enforcing the rules that lately had gone largely ignored.

"Too many namby-pamby educationalists." He explained, "as Dean of Students it will be your job to bring some discipline back to the school." He explained a lot more to you before that meeting was over, and you almost refused after you heard some of the rumors about what was going on at this place. However, you had never refused an order from the Colonel, and just because he was a Senator now and you were a discharged nobody, that didn't really change anything.

You didn't have to look at your watch to know you were a little early but pulling up the map of the school on your phone, you head into the main building of the school. It's a three-story stone building with neatly trimmed ivy climbing up its side with a broad set of marble stairs leading up to the main entrance. As you entered the high-ceilinged foyer you considered looking around for a little to kill some time before your appointment, or you could just head straight for the Headmistress' office. From what the Senator told you, Ms. Naylor was going to be a thorn in your side, at least until you won her over.

Do you explore a little, or head to her office now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)