More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Anonegg Anonegg

Which story would you like to start with?

Krystal Connor, 24 year old Surfer Girl

(Author's note: This first chapter is just a prologue to explain why Krystal is an American in an English seaside town. If you're not interested in backstory then feel free to skip to the next chapter.)

Venice Beach, California.

11th November 2017.

Krystal looked dejected. She shouldn't have been. Despite the time of year the weather was remarkably good. The sun shone overhead and the beach was filled with people, but it was not quite warm enough for swimwear. Krystal sat at a a cafe table staring out at the beach and the sea. She wore a pink and black wet-suit with a matching pair of water shoes, while on the ground behind her rested her surfboard. It was still wet from a day of heavy surfing. She was an attractive woman in her mid-twenties with brown hair. Normally it was vibrant and glossy, but after a few hours of surfing it was pasted to her shoulders and covered in salt water.

Her mood lightened slightly as British Dave eased into the seat opposite her.

"Alright Krys; what's 'appening?" he asked in his broad British accent. "You look a little gloomy."

"Hey dude. Yeah, I am a bit. My vacation plans for next year are kind of fucked up."

"Oh yeah?" he asked.

"Yeah. You know the new place I've been working? Well, because it's kind of small they restrict vacation days so that only one person can be out of the office at any time."

"Sounds like a ball-ache." Dave noted.

"It is. Well, I just found out that the only vacation time I can get next year is during Spring Break."

Dave grinned. "Oh yeah, that's a right blow that is. All those parties, all that booze, all those cute young college grads looking for a good time. Yeah, that's really bad."

Krystal sighed. "For me it is, yeah! Like; I was planning to get some serious surfing time in. Now the beach is going to be full of obnoxious kids, and the water'll be full of amateurs and idiots who won't know their ass from their elbows!"

"You sound like such an old woman right now." Dave commented. Krystal flipped him the bird. "Well, this is going to sound like a random question, but... you think you could travel to England during the Spring Break?"

"Let me guess; you think an old woman like me should spend her vacation looking at British cathedrals?"

Dave chuckled. "No, no. Listen mate, I've kept hold of my old parent's place, you know? I grew up there and didn't want to sell it, but... it's in a really great place mate. Good for surfing too."

"I didn't know there was surfing in the UK." Krystal commented.

"Sure we do! I mean, it's not as glamorous as American surfing but we still do it. How do you think I learned? Listen, the house is in this sleepy little village called Godiva on the Devonshire coast, right? Great surfing there; it has it's own cosy little beach. No hotels there, either, so they don't get any surfers coming in from out of town. You'll basically have the place to yourself."

"Didn't you say you came to California because England was freezing balls? I'm okay surfing in my wet-suit but if I'm going on vacation I'd really like to bring out my bikini and get a tan dude."

"England has good weather. Sometimes." Dave said with a shrug. "Listen, you're a good friend to me; you always let me crash on your couch when I've had too much and I can't drive. You can have the place for free for two weeks, no pressure."

"Well..."

Shall we continue?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)