More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by L1tTleD1fferent L1tTleD1fferent

What's next?

Keep planning ahead.

"Thanks," I told her.

I then gave her a quick smile (made only slightly easier by the great visions my eyes had seen since I moved to my new office), before heading towards Sara's office. Ironically stopping in front of my own, I then turned back to Cheryl again.

"Hey, Cheryl?" I called out.

"Yeah?" she asked as I watched her closing door open again, and her face stuck out of it.

"Why did you wish me 'Good luck'?!" I asked her honestly.

"Really?!" she asked back. "You know, that's not usually something that will get someone upset when you say it to them."

"No; I know," I admitted. "I'm not upset that's what you said. I'm upset you felt it was good enough to just say it. You helped me find the office you knew I was looking for. If you really wanted to help me, you would have added some input on the project... Or at least make the offer that I could come to you for input on it at another time."

"I could have, John," she admitted, sighing. "But the fact is I have nothing helpful I could think of to add right now."

"Can I at least come again later? Maybe we could give it another shot?" I asked, hoping silently I didn't sound too pathetic.

"Sure," she said, not assuring me one way or the other on how I sounded. "If Sara isn't enough, then maybe, come to me."

"Thanks," I told her again.

I then turned away, and headed towards Sara's again. Just before I made my presence known in her doorway, the double entendre of what Cheryl had said hit me.

What do I do now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)