More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by fantaghiro fantaghiro

It was:

Katie, your still-fit 50 year old, widowed mother

You see your mother, Kathryn, standing still. She and Jackie are staring at each other in shock. "Mom, Jackie, are you alright?" you ask as you walk over to them.

They don't answer you at first and just continue to stare at one another. Then Jackie reaches forward to touch your mom's face, running her hand down the cheek as if she can't believe what she's seeing. Your mom does the same, then drops her eyes down to look at herself. Jackie grabs your mom by the hand and pulls her in front of the mirror.

They stand fixed in front of the mirror, their eyes flicking back and forth between their reflections and each other. You begin to feel very concerned. "What's wrong?" you ask. You grab Jackie by the shoulders and give her a gentle shake. "Snap out of it!"

Jackie turns to face you while your mom watches, seemingly too stunned to speak. Jackie shakes off her shock and tells you "Gerald, something very strange has happened. I'm not Jacqueline - I'm your mother."

You step back, surprised at her words. "Huh? What? Is this some kind of joke?" you stutter. She looks at you sadly and says "No, I'm afraid not. This is all too real." She turns to your mother who looks like she's becoming reoriented. "Jacqueline? Are you okay dear?"

Your mom gives her a perplexed look. "Yes, I think so." She looks at Jackie and then back down at herself. "I'm not dreaming, am I? I'm really you..."

"Yes, it would appear so," Jackie responds.

"Okay girls, this has gone far enough," you start to say when Jackie interrupts you.

"Gerry, stop. You should know us better than that. And I've always been proud of your perceptiveness and open mind. Look at each of us closely. Can't you tell we're being truthful?"

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)