More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by chief chief

Who are you ?

Karl Franz

You are Karl Franz, ruler of the Empire of Man, the heir of Sigmar and the inheritor of Ghal Marz. For a decade and a half you have reigned over the greatest Human realm in all of the Old World. During your reign you have seen the Empire through countless threats and crisis including the Nemesis Crown catastrophe, which saw the loathsome artifact to its ultimate fate and rebuffed attacks from the multitudes of forces seeking to claim the Warpstone crown.

During that turbulent time, your quick and decisive actions saw to it that the damages suffered by your realm was quickly healed or contained whilst ensuring that both the Elven and Dwarven realms come to be in your debt.

Now, you need every ounce of the goodwill to ensure the Empire's continued existence. You have been warned by both the Faith and the Magical Colleges of what was coming. The priests of the Gods and the astromancers of the Celestial Order have apprised you of the threat posed by a Chaos warrior named Archaon. A champion of Chaos who has secured four of the six dreaded artifacts necessary for his coronation as the Everchosen.

They have also informed you that through their combined efforts, they may divine the location of one artifact that you might secure it before Archaon does so or they can endure a greater ordeal and reveal the location of both artifacts or position of the potential Everchosen himself.

But you know all too well of how fallible the Magical Orders are, mortal minds were not meant to the grasp the great powers contained in the Winds of Magic, whilst the Ruinous Powers might interfere with the efforts of the Gods.

Mayhaps it is time to call in the debts of the Eldar races, to convene a great council that the Forces of Light may combine their efforts and slay Archaon before all the world suffers at the hands of an Everchosen ?

On the other hand, time is a precious commodity and must not be wasted. To gather an assembly of Elves and Dwarves would take time and each second wasted is another moment that Archaon gets ever closer to his goals. The Human realms have proven their mettle and resourcefulness time and time again, garnering support from either Bretonnia or Kislev would take much shorter time and either nation knows what is at risk.

Your people call you the greatest Emperor to have reigned since Magnus the Pious himself, and you pray that you live up to Magnus' legendary example and see the Empire through this Chaos threat just as he had.

You gaze upon Altdorf, one last time before turning around. Your cloak fluttering as you head back into the Palace. Your bodyguards, Kurt Helborg and Ludwig Schwarzhelm immediately take their places at your side.

What is your decision ?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)