More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Arthor Thomarius Arthor Thomarius

Who are you?

Kara In-Zi, Supergirl (DCAU) & her new owner

KARA
It started as a pretty typical day for the nineteen year old girl everyone knew as Supergirl, some people knew as Kara Kent, but who still thought of herself as Kara In-Zi, a typical girl from Argo, the last girl from Argo.
She woke up before dawn, her alien physiology only needing a couple of hours of sleep. Kara got all her chores done at super speed, except milking the cows, Kara had learned the hard way that THAT was one farm chore that she had to take her time doing.

Kara watched the sun rising and smiled as the nourishing energies of Earth's sun filled her with the incredible powers she had grown to love over the last three years since Kal'El had rescued her from her dead home world. What an incredible three years it has been. As Supergirl she had saved the planet from alien invaders, demonic monstrosities, and even faced down the New Gods of Apokolips. Having super powers was awesome!
Kara had even managed to make friends. She had found a kindred spirit in Barbara Gordon. The two had grown close, very close. The nights spent in her lover's embrace are among some of the only nights she feels like she truly belongs on this world. Barbara was not her only friend, though she was her closest. Besides Jimmy Olson, who was fun to hang out with sometimes. Kara had become part of The Justice League, one of the most elite and powerful fighting forces in the galaxy.
Some people said that the members of The Justice League were gods. But Kara never felt that way. Maybe it was Kal's example, maybe it was the number of times she had felt afraid going up against the baddest the bad guys had to offer. Maybe it was the time that she almost died, a memory that still brought back chills. Whatever it was. Kara thought of herself as just a normal girl. Kara wanted nothing more than to just have a normal life. But...

Kara heard her Watchtower comm-bead ring. A moment later as she lifts off the roof she hears "Kara, your phone is ringing, the 'cell' phone." Kara smirks, she can literally hear the air movements of Martha Kent making quote marks around the word cell.

"Thanks, ma." Kara says. Calling the Kents 'ma' and 'pa' had always felt strange to the teenager, but it made them happy, and it made Kal happy, and for the people who took her into their home when she became an orphan from a dead world, it was the least that she could do. Kara placed her Justice League communicator in her ear. "This is Supergirl, go!"

"Supergirl, this is Green Lantern. STAR Labs is under attack. Damned fools opened a portal..."

"Again?!" Kara said exasperated. "What sort of tentacled goo-ga is pouring into our reality this time?" Kara asked as she changed into her uniform VROOOOMMMED off towards GL's co-ordinates.
"That is the thing. Its..." Static filled Kara's ear.
"GL!" Kara pushed the limits of her speed. Everyone within miles heard the CRACK of her sonicboom.

Kara tried to imagine what kind of enemy she would have to save the day from this morning. She wondered if she would be able to punch the bad guys back to where they came from quickly enough to be home before Ma Kent's award winning flap jacks got cold.
Kara never saw the extraction team. One moment she was speeding off towards another battle when suddenly her world became a flash of green.

Kara cried out from the familiar pain of kryptonite exposure. Kara lost control of her powers and began to fall as the world became white.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)