More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Ragnockae136 Ragnockae136

But where do we begin our story?

Kaer Trolde, Post Last Stand Of The Wild Hunt

Artur Was Walking Into Kaer Trolde, A Number of Young Skellige Lads and Lasses Behind Him, They Were Here for A Special Honor, The Founding of A New Clan, Clan an Vesemir. The Clan Would Join With Clan Tordarroch to Form A New Clan, In Honor of The Fallen Vesemir and Vigi The Loon. Vigi and Vesemir Found Themselves in a Ballad, Alongside All The Heroes of The Battle of Kaer Morhen, Ciri, Geralt, Yen, Triss, Artur, Letho, Eskel, Lambert, Vernon Roche, Ves, Zoltan Chivay, Avallach, Margarita Laux-Antille, Philippa Eilhart, Fringilla Vigo, Keira Metz, Hjalmer, Folan, Ermion, and The Others. Artur and Ciri Had Decided To Settle Down In Skellige, and Margarita, Eskel, Letho, Zoltan, and Lambert and Keira Chose To Join Them, As Did Artur's Mother Philippa, Shani, Regis, Ida Emean aep Sivney, and Fringilla Vigo.

Artur Was Thinking Of Making A New Witcher School in Skellige, Since He Was The Last Known "Bear" In Existence, and The School Was Effectively Otherwise Extinct. Artur Had Wrote To Cerys, Now Queen of Skellige, and Asked Her Permission To Settle Undvikk, and Form A New Clan. The Lads Behind Them, With The Lasses and Artur's Fellow Kaer Morhen Veterans Were Led To The Great Hall, Where Cerys Was To Receive Them.


Artur, Leading His Assortment Before Queen Cerys, and Jarls Holger, Donar, Uldaryk, and The New Drummond Jarl. Alongside Them Were Ermion and Hjalmer, Hjalmer Had Since Become Jarl of Clan an Craite Following Crach's Legendary At Eredin's Own Hands. Artur Knelt As The Priestesses Of Freya Gave Their Blessings. "Artur of Nilfgaard, You have Stated Your Desire To Become One of These Isles, and Because of Your Aid During the Battle With The Red Riders, I have Convened With The Jarls, who Have Agreed With Me, That You Will Be Allowed To Settle Undvikk, You Will Rule it As The Head of Clan an Vesemir, Which Has Merged Now With Clan Tordarroch and Clan an Tuirsech, and As Such, Shall Become A Jarl." Says Cerys. "Thank You Your Majesty." Says Artur. "I Know Dub You Artur of Undvikk, Jarl of Clan an Vesemir, and Give You The Byname, Hero of Skellige." Says Cerys. "As The Eldest of The Jarls, Allow Me The Honor of Welcoming You Into Our Group. You Might Be The Youngest of Us, But Your Skills Are The Best of Ours." Says Donar an Hinder. "Thank You Jarl an Hindar, I'll Endeavour To Live up To The Faith Granted To Me." Says Artur.

"See That You Do, This is Unheard of In The Isles, and It May Never Happen Again Should You Disappoint, Bring Shame, Or Dishonor To Us." Warns Uldaryk. "Fair Not Jarl Uldaryk, You Can Be Rest Assured That I'll Show The Same Courage, Honor, and Integrity I Showed When I Freed You From The Hymn With Our Queen and My Wolven Brother Geralt." Says Artur. "I Hope So Jarl of Undvikk." Says Uldaryk. "Your Majesty There's Also The Matter of The Non-Existant Witcher School Here in Skellige. I am The Last of The Bear School, and As Such The Duty Falls To Me, To Rebuild The School Here in Skellige. With Your Permission I'd Like To Rebuild The School on Undvikk?" Asks Artur. "Of Course Artur, If You Have Need of Anything, Ye Need But Ask." Says Cerys. "Thanks Cerys." Says Artur. "Of Course, A Ship Awaits You In The Harbor, It Will Take You To Undvikk." Says Cerys. "I Hope You'll Visit Us When Our Rebuild is Complete." Says Artur. "Count On It!" Confirms Cerys. "Good." Says Artur As He Leaves.


Artur and Company Found Their Way To Undvikk and Artur Ordered That The Forge and Mines Be The First Thing Rebuilt and Repaired. Artur Sent Eskel, Letho, and Lambert To Kill The Trolls In The Mines, While He Had Keira and Fringilla Set About Starting The Process of Magically Enhancing and Enforcing The Stones For The New Castle of The School of The Bear. Artur Would Have Zoltan Lead The Builders, Margarita Lead The Womenfolk In Helping out, and Philippa Would Issue Orders. The Keep Would Combine With The The Ice Giant's Former Lair, and Artur Meanwhile Took To Organising A Plan For The New Keep.


The Keep Was Slowly Being Constructed, and Artur Comically Assigned Lambert The Job of Mucking Out The Stables and Laying Bricks, Before Actually Having Ida Use Her Magic To Accelerate The Process of Building The Keep and Having Zoltan Muck The Stables. Artur Then Brought Lambert, Eskel, Letho, and Ida into His Room at The Makeshift Camp. "Listen Closely, We'll Be Rebuilding The School of The Bear Here In Skellige, The Climate Will Harden Potential Witchers, Possibly Making Our Trial of The Grasses Less Fatal. We'll Also Be Mimicking What Yennefer Did To Free Avallach, By using Magic To Keep Our Recruits Alive, and Also Subject Them To The Herbs, Mushrooms and Fungi in Small or Moderate Doses Over Time, To Make The Process Less Painful. Ida Will Oversee The Job Of Magically Assisting. Keira Will Tend To Our Herbs Garden, Fringilla and Mother Will Teach Our Recruits Magic." Says Artur. "What About Us?" Asks Eskel. "Lambert Will Teach Them Physical Combat, You'll Teach Them Swordsmanship, Letho'll Teach Em Viper School Techniques, and I'll Support or Augment As Necessary." Says Artur.

"What About Gear, Armor and Swords?" Asks Letho. "I Still Have The Old Diagrams From The School, and Geralt Kindly Gave me The Originals of The Diagrams He'd Scavenged Around The World, Including, Wait For It.......................Our Grandmaster Diagrams." Says Artur. "They Actually Exist?" Asks Lambert. "Indeed, Wolf, Viper, Cat, Bear, Griffin, and Manticore. See For Yourselves." Says Artur As He Drops Several Diagrams Onto The Table. "Incredible, Even The Enhanced, Superior and Mastercrafted Diagrams Are Here." Says Eskel. "I Know A Man in Toussaint, A Grandmaster Smith, Studied Under that Elven Grandmaster, before His . Listen, Whenever Possible Recruit Potential Witchers However You See Fit and Bring Them Here." Says Artur.


The New Keep Had Now Been More Or Less Finished, and Already A Number of Young Skellige Lads Were Eager To Join The Reformed School of The Bear. Before He Submitted Them To Training Artur Warned Them Of The Inherent Risks, and Then Had Them Test Their Resolve, They'd Be Given The Challenge of Standing Three Days In Cold Seawater, Chained and Bound, Prevented From Moving. Then Told To Balance On A Post For As Long As The Could, Even As The Recruits Were Pelted With Stones and The Occasional Dung. The Longer They Kept Their Cool, The Better. Eventually The Were Made to Perform Trying and Extremely Taxing Manual Labor, Under The Unforgiving Watch of Artur's Mother Philippa, Who Frequently Struck Them With A Hard Stick.

Eventually They Were Into Long Studies of Bestiaries, and Were Required to Memorise Everything They Read and Were Told, Else They Were Strung Up In Their Small Clothes and Hung By Their Feet From A Tree for A Night. As A Result, They Had Incentive to Memorise. Later The Herbs, Mushrooms, and Fungi Were Started Being Administrated in Minute Doses, Which Are Gradually Increased. When They Start Falling Ill, They Are Once Again Made to Do Manual Labor, Whilst Reciting Bestiary Entries In Exact and Fin Detail. This Would Help Increase A Would-Be Witcher's Fortitude, Stamina, and Resilience, Thus Aiding Them In Their Trials of The Grasses. Artur Had Entrusted His New Potions Laboratory To The Care of Regis, Who's Intellect and Effective Immortality Allowed Him To Maintain an Extensive Vault of Potions and a Library of Potions Recipes and Alchemy Recipes. They Also Actively Maintained A Library of Magical Books and Artifacts, Maintained By Margarita and Philippa, While Keira Tended To The Herb Garden.

Ciri Meanwhile Took On The Job of Becoming Artur's Lady Wife, and Often Lead The Isles When he Was Away or At The Witcher Keep. Artur Likewise, Had Been Chosen As Grandmaster of The Bear School, and Named Letho As Master of The Keep, Margarita As Stewardess of The Keep, and Lambert Castellan of The Keep. Artur Meanwhile Took To The Matter of The People of Undvikk.


Artur Sat In His Hall, Ciri Sat Beside Him, and In The Corner Was Eskel and Ida. Before Them Stood A Man of Undvikk, and Man He'd Fought Beside. "Jarl, Our Fishermen Have been Repeated Attacked By Sirens, Harpies, and Drowners, and A Couple Miners Have Disappeared, Then Reappeared With Their Bodies Crushed." Says Folan. "Hmm, Eskel I'm Entrusting You The Task Off Dealing With The Bane of Our Fishermen, While My Mother and I Will Investigate The The Mines." Says Artur. "Of Course Artur, I'll Take Lambert and Keira With Me As Well.' Says Eskel. "Thank You Jarl, I'll Inform The Men of The Decision, Shall We Clear The Mines?" Asks Folan. "Aye, Much As It Pains Me, We Can't Afford To Lose Any More Miner's and Until We Found What's Killing Them, We Can't Knowingly Send Them To A Possible . For Now Have Our Lads Focus On Cutting Lumber and Farming The Land." Says Artur. "Yes, Jarl." Says Folan As He Departs. "Ciri, Ask The Villagers To Stay Calm, I'll Deal With The Problem In The Mines Personally." Says Artur Before Going To The Wall, and Putting His Armor On.

"What Will It Be This Time?" Asks Ciri. "We Don't Know What's Killing The Miners, But It's Clearly Strong As A Giant, and I'd Rather Avoid Direct Contact if Necessary, So I'll Be Going In Cat and Wolf." Says Artur As He Dons His Grandmaster's Cat Chest Piece and Boots, Before Adding His Wolf Pants and Gauntlets. Moving On To The Sword Racks, Artur Scans His Swords Before Settling On His Favored Sword, A Reforged Relic Of Vampire History, The Sword Of Tesham Mutna. His Steel Sword Chosen, Artur Selects A Griffin Silver Sword Of His Favored Blades. The Blade Had Runes That Were Integrated Into The Blade Were Runes That Channeled Barrier Magic, Which When Struck Stunned The Striker In Question. The Blade Had Been Forged By Grandmaster Lafargue With Help From Ida, Avallach, and Yennefer. There Were Runic Patterns Engraved Along The Blade In Elder Speech, Which When Used By Artur With His Elder Blood Abilities, Charged The Blade's Power Up To Magically Impossible Levels.

Apart From His Swords, Artur Carried Two Dimeritium Knives, Knives That Had A Chain At Each End. Artur Used Them Rarely, But Always Kept Them Finely Sharpened With A Magical Whetstone. Artur Was Quite Wealthy, Even Before He Became Jarl Of Undvikk, He Owned A Merchant Fleet, Had A Number Of Small Vineyards In Toussaint, Even Had Administrative Control Of Geralt's Grapevines At Corvo Bianco. He Had A Partner's Share In Vimi's Bank In Novigrad, and Had His Own Bank In Toussaint. All Of Which Would Help To Fund His Skellige Endeavours. Artur Hoped To Open A Skellige Vineyard, Or Rather, A Skellige Ale Making Plot Of Land. Distilleries and Winemaking and Alchemy Equipment Would Be There Enmasse. But This Mattered Little Compared To What Was Killing Artur's Miners.

SO WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING???????????

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)