More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by bricktamland bricktamland

What job does Megan have for Elizabeth?

Just come over and clean my house a little

"What, like a maid?" Elizabeth stammered.

"No, of course not. Well, kinda." Megan shrugged. "Look, you don't have to say yes. I'm just offering because with my job, I don't have time to keep the place neat. It's pretty big and I have been planning on hiring someone anyway."

Elizabeth sniffed and looked around, it was a little dirty. "Ok, just for a little while though, til Jeff gets a job again."

Megan nodded. "of course, however long you need. It would only be twice a week anyway. Not like an every day thing, you know?"

Elizabeth felt herself agreeing already. "Ok then, I can do that. How much would you pay me?"

"$100 a day sounds fair I think?"

"Deal."

"Ok great." Megan patted her older sister's hand. "I'll order the phone, and you can pick it up when you come by the first day. How about Monday? That's in just a few days."


On Monday, Elizabeth showed up at her sister's house in jeans, sneakers, and one of Jeff's old T-shirts, with a small bucket of cleaning supplies. Megan greeted her with a hug and a smile, and handed her the new phone. It didn't seem any different than the ones people paid $700 for, at least that Elizabeth could tell. "Yeah, I actually liked it so much that I went ahead and got myself one too," Megan quipped cheerily. "I'll keep it on me in case you need anything while I'm at work."

Megan left for work, and Elizabeth settled in for a rather uneventful day of cleaning her sister's house, the new phone snug in her back pocket.

About 2pm, she was nearly finished, when her phone beeped. It was a text from her older sister at work. She squinted at the screen, trying to read the text. The phone itself was fine, if a bit small. The screen was hard to read, and seemed to glitch a lot, showing random images that Elizabeth couldn't ever quite catch.

What did the text say?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)