More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by LizardGod LizardGod

Does Anything Happen During The First Night?

Just an Awkward Night's Sleep for Anna

Anne was glad that everyone else had vanished into their bedrooms when she came out to grab her suitcase. She entertained thoughts of how she could punish the others for doing this for her as she lugged it back to the room and dumped it down at the end of the bed.

She looked over at Kenny, he had barely managed to kick off his boots before collapsing face first onto the bed and falling asleep. The bed was large, larger than any she had slept in before, but with the form of Kenny sprawled across it the space that was actually clear seemed tiny.

As she looked from the bed to her now open suitcase Anne realised that she wasn’t going to be able to switch into her pyjamas. Sure Kenny was her friend but he was still, well, he was still a guy! She was still in a relationship after all, at least, she thought that she was. Her boyfriend, Erik, had been gone for months and whilst they had kept in contact over the phone things had been feeling more and more strained with each passing week.

Thinking of her boyfriend reminded her that she had been meant to call him the night before, she kicked herself for forgetting, although she couldn’t help but wonder why he hadn’t called if she had forgotten?

Now really isn’t the time to think about that, she pointed out to herself as she turned to face the bed and the sleeping Kenny. Just take off your boots and sleep under the covers with your back to him, she suggested to herself. Nothing wrong with that.

She couldn’t deny that logic but as she stood at the far side of the bed, Kenny’s sleeping face cast in deep shadows, it felt somehow like she was committing a betrayal of her boyfriend. Still, she couldn’t deny how tired she felt at the thought of giving up the bed was just too much to bear.

I’ll make a trade with someone else in the morning, she thought as she slipped under the covers. Kenny didn’t even react as she tugged enough of the covers from beneath him to wrap around herself.

With a strange feeling of guilt, Anna turned her back to Kenny and tried to get to sleep. Yet, as tired as she was, she just couldn’t seem to get to sleep. The presence of Kenny seemed to weigh on her mind as she lay there.

It didn’t make any sense to her, after all, she had known Kenny for a long time and this was hardly the first time they had slept this close to each other. Granted those times had been in separate sleeping bags but still it was pretty much the same, right?

These thoughts rolled back and forth across her mind until she was reluctantly dragged down into the embrace of sleep.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)