More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

What's next?

Joshua Springs

Light brush of wind flows through the field of prairie grass, birds flow high above in the vast sky, and for the village down below lays in tranquil peace. Disruptive noise from down the dirt road arouses the few birds on the ground. Horse sprints by with carriage right behind heading for the village in full speed.


Village tradesmen are in the midst of a busy day with fresh fish coming in from the sea. Crowds filled the streets in search of foods, material, and other items to fill their appetites. Clear day for the quaint remote village who only saw people from outside world once a month, and that was for trade. Seldom is there hostility coming in with the legendary wars ignoring this region of the world.

A young boy walks through the streets with dealers busy with patrons steals a few items here and there without much attention. Arriving at one of the fish booths looking over the selection for the right one. His physique is a short five foot boy with hair a full bush of brown curly hair, a few freckles, and thin frame to help move around. With his ability to blend in to a crowd without getting caught is quite a marvel. He wears light large clothing that doesn’t fit him in the least with an egg shell colored shirt, cotton brown pants, and light sandals for his feet.

A large women steps in front of him blocking his view of the fish. Moving around he discovers there are two dealers at the booth one paying attention to the lady and the other watching him. His idea of getting a large fish for food today may not occur after all. He begins to move on to another booth.


A horse and carriage walk into the village going through the protocol with the two guards. The guards carries pitchforks as tools to block the stranger for verification purposes. One guard walks up to the stranger in dark green robes for verification. Granting him what he desires the stranger is given access into the village. Heading for the stables to give the horse some comfort.

After paying the man for the stables the robed stranger heads to the village public house in need of a drink and room. Spotting a young boy preparing to steal a large fish from a tradesmen. Walking up to the scene grabbing the young boy who is turning away with the fish in hand by the top of his head.

Rotating him around the boy has a massive guilty grin all over his face handing the fish over to the stranger. Instead of taking it though the stranger directs the boy back to the fish dealer. The dealer begins to turn red at the sight of the boy, but once he sees the stranger with a hand holding a sack of coins his blood cools down. Boy bows to the stranger thanking them greatly and runs off. Fish dealer calls out the green robed stranger, but is ignored and the stranger vanishes into the crowd.

Arriving at the front of the village public house to pay for a room and a stiff drink the stranger enters. A rowdy bunch of drunks with ladies serving their every need in thirst and hunger for both the eyes and mouth. Sexual foreplay is as abundant as the drinks themselves. The stranger takes a seat in the far dark corner of the room. A young female server stops by asking what type of drink and heads to the bar after that.

Several hours pass with the crowd moving to their rooms above. A more silent crowd is settled in the bar. The dark green robed figure remains in the far dark corner of the bar with a little flicker of light coming from a small candle in the middle of the table.

Rain outside begins to pour heavily with no one coming in this storm. Bartender keeps a watchful eye without staring at the stranger knowing that no good can come with this visitor at his public house.

Door latch opens with great gust of rain and wind blowing in a familiar face of the bartenders friends. A black robed figure walks up to the bar to order a drink. The bartender offers a drink to him with a few words “Your friend over there has been here for a few hours now.”

“I heard the rumors, and I rest assure you it is the peaceful kind” he offers the bartender a few coins “an old friend of mine I haven’t seen in some time is all” and walks over to the green robed stranger.

Sitting down in front of the stranger lifts his black robes hood revealing a masculine image. Rounded bald head with a growing beard below the chin that reveals some gray hairs, a small cut on the right cheek that never healed from a past event. “Do you have a room?” he asks wanting some privacy receives a nod with the stranger standing up. Both walk on up to the room that is reserved for them.

Once inside the man locks the door behind him and turns to see his old friend has her hood down. Revealing long white blonde hair and a couple pointing ears to reveal her elvish bloodline. She turns around to face him “It is good to see an old friend is still alive all these years” she responds to him revealing fair skin that seems to not of aged a day.

The man walks up to hug her with great emotional affection “Faervel, welcome to Joshua Springs it has been a lifetime since I last saw you, and you haven’t aged a bit.”

Faervel embraces him rightfully “You have I see Robert.” They let go looking at one another in silence for a moment.

“What have you been up to these past fifteen…sixteen years since I last saw you?” Robert asks curious by his friends strange arrival.

“Twenty-three years it has been” Faervel sits down on the end of the creaky old bed before continuing “I didn’t come here for small talk Robert. You know that though. I came for a reason.” Robert begins to fidget by holding both his hands together near under his chin rubbing them slowly. Sweat begins to form from his pores of his head. A small puddle of rain water from his black robes had formed on the floor during their conversation he had yet to notice. “Our friends Rose and Patrick are sitting at Aric’s Run for a meeting.”

“Rose and Patrick…you don’t say” Robert begins to recall the fond memories of the two old friends. Walking forward past Faervel to the lone window that looks out to the dark empty streets of Joshua Springs. Taking it all in with tears flowing from his eyes. “I have one request before we leave. My grandchild who is struggling with this village as I once had will come as well.”

“Are they old enough for the travels?” she asks quizzically toward Robert. Receiving a simple nod as Robert looks toward her with eyes of sorrow and of grand adventure of the past.

What is the gender of the grandchild?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)