More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by takacube takacube

Who are you?

Jim, a married banker

Jim Morris pulled out the mail from the box and slowly turned to walk back towards his house. It had been a long day at work, negotiating the leveraging of assets was never going to be the fiery topic of discussion he thought he would be doing 20 years ago when he was back in business school but at least there was the satisfaction that he would be providing for his family. He had to keep telling himself that, of course, because it really made the rest of his life seem all the more pathetic without it.

Inside, his wife was sitting at the table laughing on her phone and she tilted her head up expectantly as he walked in and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She smiled genuinely at him and pointed to his dinner on the table before she got up from her spot and walked into the bedroom, still laughing and jabbing away with her friends from work. Jim knew she loved him, there was no doubt in that, but with their daughter off to college, the act of sitting down to a family meal went off with her and now they were almost roommates living together. Hell, if it weren't for the fact that they slept in the same bed together, he would almost think they WERE roommates.

He sat down at the table and as he sorted through the mail (like his routine for the past several months), he came across a simple packet stuffed inside with the rest of the bills and magazines. Jim almost thought it was meant for his wife until he noticed that it had his name on it. No return-address, no postmark, cancellation was local. He wasn't all that important to warrant being blackmailed and heavens knows he didn't have any money to make it worth the effort anyway. Still, as he reached and opened it, he was a bit curious to see what it was and what it contained. My life is reduced to being excited over mail...

The packet contained a simple questionnaire form, from the looks of it, several non-descript sheets of paper that were held together by a single staple at the top. It was almost dull to the until he read the title on the top...

IF YOU WERE A GIRL

Jim laughed a bit but after the day he had, it was a good enough thing to fiddle around with, some person's random idea of a joke. Little did that person know that, with the day he had, a joke was what he needed. After finishing up his sandwich and clearing the table, he turned off the light and set the dishwasher to night cycle. After the whirling sound filled the kitchen, he grabbed the stack of bills in one hand and the questionnaire in another and made his way to the desk in his small home office space and placed it down.

IF YOU WERE A GIRL

What a name for a questionnaire. He picked up a pencil and looked at the first question.

1.) IF YOU WERE A GIRL...WOULD YOUR HANDWRITING BE NICE?

***I'll end each chapter with the question and have random dice-rolling to see what choices to take (using a 1D8 helps). Should be fun!

How to answer this question?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)