More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by GlowingHands GlowingHands

What's next?

Jessica Gray

Jessica was standing above the coffee pot at the workplace break room. She worked and lived in Atlanta and was for the most part happy in her life. She was wearing a plaid skirt and a white blouse, Jessica was certainly fit and had cute bum and long blonde hair but she was always a bit self conscious of her A-Cup breasts. As she stood a little bored and a little tired, she heard it, the phenomenon. Her and all her coworkers rushed out of the building when they heard it, the thumping. Everyone was looking to the sky expecting to see something but it was a clear and pleasantly breezy day. Jessica’s phone began ringing and she immediately picked it up. “Mark?! Are you hearing it too?” She asked knowing her husband was in Germany for work. Mark confirmed that he heard it as well and they discussed what it could be. Though with nothing to see everyone returned to the safety of the building.

The emergency broadcast was on all the televisions. The announcer said there were no tremors, no earthquakes, or storms to be wary of. Rather the announcer advised everyone remained calm, especially if they were driving. As Jessica and the whole office listened, the loud phenomenon, which almost drowned out the announcer just stopped. Even the announcer sounded confused for a moment before continuing on with his instructions.

Absolutely no work got done for the rest of the day as all people could do was talk and gossip about what they had all heard. Jessica did her best to keep to herself but spent hours looking at her work email and her phone. But soon 5pm came and the urge to talk about what had happened was over powered by the urge to leave work and people went home. On every radio channel they were talking about the now apparently global phenomenon. But there were no reports of destruction and tragedy, the only real issue was the amount of car accidents caused by distracted driving.

Jessica got home and called Mark once more and they further talked about the phenomenon but the conversation was short as Mark was in Germany and it was getting very late.

Nothing Out Of The Ordinary

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)