More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by SG SG

Who is the first constestant?

Jessica, 25, on a rebooted version of the show.

The lights were bright and warm in her face and the chatter of the audience sounded like locusts in her head as Jessica walked onto stage. She was skeptical of this show, but she had agreed to do it for rent money. The brochure had promised potentially billions of dollars but the recruiter had guaranteed $4,000 just for showing up. As for all the weird bullshit about changing her body and mind, Jess figured that was some kind of marketing gimmick.

She was starting to worry about her choice now. The announcer was sweaty in his gaudy suit, a mirthless grin fixed below his manic gaze. "Folks, let's give it for our next bimbo - or billionaire? - Jessica!" He strode across the stage to shake her hand.

His grip was tight and his fist was slick with sweat. "So Jessica, what brings you to our studio today?"

"Uh, I guess I thought I could use the money," she said haltingly. She hadn't been given any prep materials and didn't expect questions. "...and fun? I think it'll be fun."

The audience broke out in peals of laughter as the host turned to them, his grin somehow widening further. "She thinks it'll be fun, folks! I think we can all agree with that!" With that, a top-heavy blonde sauntered onstage to wild applause from the crowd. "What do you think, Chrissi? Do you think it'll be fun?"

The woman's mouth broadened into a huge but somehow empty smile underneath her bubblegum-pink lipstick. "Like, totally! I looooove when you get a brainiac on here!" She paused, clearly thinking very hard. "Just like I used to be before you cleared out my head and gave me these awesome titties!"

"Jesus Christ, where'd you get her?" Jessica muttered under her breath.

Covering the mic, the host replied. "Did you ever see Westworld?"

She looked at him incredulously.

"That's the set designer's daughter." With that, he moved back across the stage to his podium.

"Now Jessica, let's review the rules. I always find it instructive to let Chrissi try to piece them together for you. That way you get an idea of what you're in for!"

Jessica turned her attention to Chrissi as the blonde began to fumble through the rules of the show.

"Uhh, you gotta open the cases. Some are good and some are bad. I got the bad one I think? But Jack here helped me out anyways!" Her rictus grin faltered for a second and her eyes seemed to lose focus. Jack touched her arm and she became animated again. "And all I gotta do is blow him!" He nodded approvingly and turned to the Jessica.

"So, Jessie, what's it gonna be?"

She bristled at the nickname but grudgingly answered. "Seventeen."

What's in box 17?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)