More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Koriandr Koriandr

Which hero shall this story follow?

Jean-Paul Valley, aka Azrael

Jean-Paul Valley was originally an unsuspecting university student in Gotham, entirely oblivious to his predetermined fate as Azrael, the avenging angel of the Sacred Order of Saint Dumas. His life took a drastic turn when his father, the previous Azrael, succumbed to fatal injuries. Before dying, he revealed the truth of their lineage to Jean-Paul, thus thrusting him into the world of the Order of Saint Dumas.

The Order, an offshoot of the Knights Templar, had genetically engineered and psychologically conditioned Jean-Paul from birth to be their warrior. When activated, Jean-Paul exhibited physical prowess, tactical acuity, and an almost supernatural capability to endure damage. However, he also battled the mental conditioning that pushed him towards , often placing him at odds with his inherent sense of morality.

When Batman's back was broken by Bane, it was Jean-Paul Valley who was chosen to take up the mantle of the Bat. However, his tenure was controversial. His version of Batman was significantly more violent and ruthless, employing weapons and showing a willingness to kill if necessary. These actions brought him into conflict with Gotham's other heroes and ultimately led to his removal from the role when Bruce Wayne recovered.

Ever since his temporary stint as the Dark Knight, he has accepted Bruce's methods of not killing and operates in Gotham as an extended member of the Bat Family.

While out on patrol, what did Azrael find?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)