More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Relator10 Relator10

Who are you?

Jean Cummings (Jack)

While you’re waiting for the shuttle to transport you to your new home you take the letter that started it all out again.

You still remember the day you got the letter that you had been accepted as one of the participators of the Esperanza Island pilot project. Actually you shouldn’t have been surprised since your parents worked at the DRC (Dichondrial Research Centre). After the authors published their paper about the "Daughters of Dichondrial Eve", they founded the DRC to further research into the double helix genetics shared by Kith, Kindred, and Warrigal.

You practically grew up there because at the time the facts were reluctantly accepted but still hotly debated. So the DRC had to become like a village with all the amenities people needed to lead a normal daily life while working at the centre because everyone affiliated with the centre be it Kith, Kindred, or Warrigal got remarks about their work one way or another. You went through kindergarten, elementary and high school with the children of the other employees of the DRC. Which also meant you grew up in an environment where nobody questioned that Kith, Kindred or Warrigal lived together. As a matter of fact you quite fondly remembered a certain Kindred Fox and Warrigal Fox you grew up with.

But you lost touch when you had to go to a Kith-college to continue your studies. Because although science and also entertainment has become mixed for the majority, the rest of society is still segregated. And thus you had to leave the DRC village behind and move to the college dorm.

After growing up in a non-segregated environment like the DRC, the Kith-college felt so monotonous to you who is used to seeing the diversity of the Kindred and Warrigal. It was however near the end of your freshman year you received the letter that you were selected to enrol at Esperanza College on Esperanza Isle. There was however one caveat in the letter namely you had to leave everything behind and start your life anew at Esperanza Isle as is the case with everyone who participates in the Esperanza Isle pilot project. This was a non-issue for you because after growing up in the DRC village you don’t feel really at home in a Kith-only society like the majority of the Kith continent still is.

The arrival of the shuttle snaps you out of your reverie.

Next stop, Esperanza City and the college dorm because as a student you're automatically assigned to the dorm. You are a little bummed you're weren't given a choice but the silver lining is that every student will get their own room. So the situation may have its perks after all. According to the pictures they showed you they're a major step up from your freshman room at the Kith-college. More like a small apartment while still having the shared amenities typical for a dorm. But they're going to be your living quarters, your home, for the coming years so they should give you something with space to move around in.

And as you finish that thought the shuttle has arrived at Esperanza City. You have no luggage because just like all the other passengers your luggage is delivered to your new home. So you just wander into the city and up to the Esperanza College dorm.

Until you spot someone down the road that sets off an alarm in your head.
It couldn't be... right?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)