More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Jm21 Jm21

Who am I?

Jayvon, a 30yo Gay, Black, Male Hollywood Agent

I scroll through email after email from self-entitled D-listers who can’t grasp the fact that I have other clients and a life outside of my job. I barely have the energy to glance at most of the emails, knowing that most of the openers will insult me for being bad at my job, because they’re not talented enough to get roles.

I start moving to open one of my emails, putting a figurative gun to my head - and praying that it isn’t loaded - when I get a call. Without a second thought, I pick up the call, hoping to get better news than what’s staring me in the face.

“Jayvon Brown, how can I help you?” The answer comes easier than most things do.

“Hey, baby, I got a new client for you.” I recognize the voice as my business partner’s. As much as I don’t like seeming disappointed at most of his calls, at this point, even the excitement lacing his words isn’t enough to shake my pessimism.

“Yeah? Anyone I’d know of?” My question’s sarcastic, like it always is, but something in his tone tells me that I might get a good answer.

“As long as you haven’t been living under a rock, yeah you fucking do!” My heart jumps in my chest.

“Really? Who is it?”

Who is my new client?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)