More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by splotch splotch

Who are you?

Janice, the short 21 year old hipster

http://www.stylishwife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Cute-Hipster-Outfits-15.jpg

As soon as Janice had turned 18 she'd moved away from her small hometown and went to the city. She used the money her parents had given her for college and used it to get an apartment downtown. She started working at a coffee shop. Most important to Janice, she'd become 'cool'.

All her life Janice had felt she was a nobody. Through high school she was just another mousey short brunette. But, now, moving on her own she had the chance to reinvent herself. So, very quickly, Janice became a hipster.

She'd never admit she was one. None of them would. They all scoffed at the label, while openly embracing every stereotype of it. Janice saw these hipsters at her coffee shop and decided she had to be one. She straightened her hair and cut it into a cute brown bob. She switched from her wire frame glasses to thick buddy holly frames. She bought a large collection of thrift store dresses, which she'd wear with black tights and boots. She never went anywhere without her denim jacket, and often accessorized with hats and scarfs.

As soon as she changed her appearance she started being noticed. Boy's who'd previously ignored her started flirting with her at the coffee shop. She got invited to shows and bars once she was 21. It was great! She soon had a large click of friends, with whom she'd drink beer, joke about squares, collect records and smoke and drink coffee with. Janice didn't really like to smoke, but they all seemed to do it, so she gave in to peer pressure.

But, this urban lifestyle started costing more and more money. Going out drinking every night, going to shows, buying records and clothes all added up and soon her savings were gone. The coffee shop wasn't enough. She could have cut her spending but she really didn't know how.

When she was complaining about her money troubles to a friend they offered a solution. They needed somewhere to store a few pounds of marijuana. They'd give her a thousand dollars to store it at her apartment.

Janice was nervous. It was so risky! But, it was kind of exciting, and she needed the money. So she did it. Unfortunately, the guy who's weed she had got busted shortly after, and quickly told the police that the were at her house.

To Janice's horror the cops stormed her apartment, arresting her and compensating everything. At her trial the judge found Janice innocent, but vastly naive and dangerously unprepared for her adult life. It probably didn't help that the whole trial Janice sighed, huffed and rolled her eyes in annoyance. It was how she behaved all the time now.

In a suprising sentence Janice was put under the custody of her parents, to be reeducated and better prepared to live in soceity. A mild sentence compared to the years of jail time she could have received, but Janice was horrifed. She'd have to return to her stupid home town and live under her uptight stepmother's rule! She was adult, but she was going to become a child against her will!

And so, a week later, Janice found herself being escorted by the police to her old family's house. Janice was wearing a stripped shirt, a pleated skirt over her wide hips, leading down to her curvy legs ending in short leather boots. She had a denim jacket over her top, with a fedora on her head. The cops range the doorbell. Despite her nervousness Janice put a look of obstinate annoyance on her face and crossed her arms, looking too cool to care.

Then, the door swung open...

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)