More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by The Dark Traveler The Dark Traveler

Who will you follow in this world?

James the Cervitaur

First Period

James was a 6 th form student at St. Finbar’s school. He was a white stag Cervitaur with impressive antlers and blond hair on his human head. His uniform consisted of a white shirt, tie and blazer. All his humanoid friends were jealous that he did not have to tuck his shirt in but unlike the Naga girl, Samantha, he did have to wear trousers just over his back legs.

Today his first lesson was History with Professor Ormos. The Elvin teacher had the benefit of actually living through the history he was teaching. However, this often led to him patronising his students that to him were so young they shouldn’t even be out of diapers. Today they were covering the goblin uprising of 1852 which marked the last use of offensive magic in warfare as guns took over. Magic was still used today but only in healing and defence. Since armature spellcasters and even those that had basic combat training could only cast one spell at a time it became more efficient to kill with a gun and then put up a magical shield while you reload.

Professor Ormos explained how the goblins started using only magic but quickly switched to rifles taking them from the solders they killed or by raiding The royal army’s surplus. Tauric units on the King’s side still found it more erective to charge the goblins with sabres taking advantage of their speed and mobility on the battlefield without having to stop to reload muskets. James took detailed notes and wondered if he would get extra credit if he brought in his great, great, granddad’s enchanted sabre for next lesson. Eventually, the lesson came to an end, It was break time.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)