More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by GreenBean GreenBean

Who are you?

James, gunsmith in training

You are James Gunner, from a line of gunsmiths (how far back is unclear). And business is booming. Repairs and special requests, and just fabricating bullets, they did it all at Gunner's Gunsmithery. Now at 20 (10 years an apprentice now) he was finally allowed to build the entirety of a gun unsupervised, and was just beginning to learn the hunter's designs which always seemed to either be excessive or have extra parts that do nothing. Either way he was well on his to completing his training.

Today however held a different importance, today to celebrate his birthday, he would attend his first full Communion and partake intake in the good blood. He had only had tastes of this powerful substance so far, a small sip here and there when he burned himself or his tool slipped, and by far it was the most divine thing he had felt, even better than when he and Catherine messed around only a month ago.

He would go to his first Communion without his family, which was to demonstrate he was independent and not a lazy beast. He scoffed at the thought of himself a beast as he rose up the steps, he was so much better than those the hunters had to hunt to keep the blood of the people the good blood. He even supplied the hunters their weapons, making him nearly a hunter himself. He knew he had better aim than nearly every hunter he had seen, shown by their preference for quick firing and shotgun pellets. One bullet between the eyes should kill most anything. James smirked as he came to the top of the steps.

James dropped the coins and signed the registry at the cathedral's gates and entered the hallowed building. The statues of monstrous angels held their hold weapons overhead as he found his seat in the pews as people slowly filtered in. Finally, the ceremony began.

"All praise the good blood, drink deep the good blood and let it flow in you, let it keep you from the beastly blood, let it keep your head aloft, eyes open, to see the beasts of the world as they are. Now, let us begin communion." The preacher announced, his black robes shifting as if affected by an unseen wind."

Ascending the staircase on the priest's right came a holy nun of the church, carrying a chalice of dark amber fluid that seemed to reflect no light. She placed it upon the altar. She then drew a knife and cut her thumb slightly and squeezed a few drops into the cup. It rippled heavily, turning bright red. The nun turned and curtsied the priest and then the congregation. For a moment James caught face, and she was rather striking, her pale skin contrasted by her red lips and blush. She then descended the staircase.

The communion then proceeded as he assumed, each shuffling for their turn for their drink of blood, the pastor pouring a small amount into the kneeling recipient's mouth.

As it came to James' turn, he opened his mouth and felt a small hard bit come forth from the chalice to his mouth as a part of his communion. The blood burned and soothed his mouth and he immediately swallowed, feeling its warmth radiate from his stomach. The bit far from his mind as his body shivered in visceral ecstasy.

Following the service James returned home. Still feeling heat deep within, not knowing what the blood had awoke in him.

What does the next day present to him?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)