More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by maker7k maker7k

Whose story will be followed?

Jake

Days ticked by as his little sister's birthday approached. Amy always asks for the same thing every year; Gwendy Dolls. She has become an avid collector, amassing nearly 50 different dolls. From nurse and cheerleader to CEO and astronaut, her Gwendy dolls seemed to multiply each time he opened her door. Jake never understood why she was so into them, the toys just sit there in their boxes and on the shelves. However, is she's really that into collecting them, then it was a no-brainer choice for a gift.

Jake recently found a buzz going around about an AI Gwendy Doll. Apparently, some tech conglomerate bought out Heartland Playsystems recently, and with them, the Gwendy IP. The higher ups at Globotech had the interesting idea to put robotics and artificial intelligence into a new line of dolls. At least this one won't just sit around doing nothing Jake thought to himself as he put in his card info and ordered one for delivery. A couple of weeks later, the package arrived. Jake took the new toy from the delivery box and scanned the text.

This was a Mall Girl Gwendy, a pretty in pink fashionista, complete with handbag and sunglasses. The 12 inch toy smiled that girly trademark grin the Gwendy line was known for. Jake flipped the box over to read more of its features The words, "Now it's our turn to play with you" stared back at the young man. It was certainly an interesting choice of words… continuing, he sees the Gwendy cones with a Lifetime Lithium Cell battery, they move and talk all on their own, and that this special line of dolls uses AI to learn how to play. Pretty impressive for a toy. Jake thought he could prank his sister and make the Gwendy Doll do something lewd, but before any bright ideas popped up, he heard Any calling from the front door. Now that she's back, it would be pointless to try and prank her, after all her birthday is tomorrow. Hastily wrapping her gift, Jake called back down to his sister, "I'm up here! Hang on, I'll get dinner ready." Sloppily taping up the gift, he slid the doll under his bed before leaving the room.

The following day, Amy was the first to wake up. Friends were coming over with gifts, and she had a party planned out with them, so she'd be staying out for the night. She excitedly ate her cereal and checking her phone for messages from her friends until her older brother hazily meandered down the staircase and into the kitchen.

"Hey Amy, happy birthday." Jake mumbled out, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Under his arm, a colorfully wrapped box caught his sister's attention.

Amy's eyes fixed on the gift as she lowered her spoon back to her bowl. "So, is it gift time already?". Jake paused and gave Amy an unamused look before handing her the present. Without a card, she just tore right into the paper, revealing that familiar face. As soon as she saw she'd gotten a new Gwendy Doll, she picked up the pace, the smile on her face widening more when she sees this is the new AI Gwendy

How does Amy react?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)