More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by heynow heynow

Where do you go?

Issue #2: Turning Up the Heat

[Following along with the "Issues" theme, we continue the story with the next issue]

Ok Here goes... You take a deep breath as you enter Violet's facility. The whole way over you wrestled with the thought of never meeting with your mentor again to avoid whatever punishment was about to come your way in the aftermath of your breakdown in front of the press. But running from your problems wouldn't really solve anything and Violet would eventually track you down and exact her anyway, so here you are. You are on edge as you timidly step into the gym, half expecting to be instantly stripped and spread eagle with a wave of Violet's hand. But nothing happens.

"It's about time!" You nearly jump out of your skin as Violet's voice startles you from behind. "What took you?" she asks in an annoyed tone.

"I uh.. had to eat breakfast," you stammer as you cringe and turn yourself a little sideways, bracing for your impending doom.

"Pff," Violet gives a dismissive wave and you squeeze your eyes shut, waiting to be flung across the room. "What are you doing?" Violet asks. You open one eye, then the other, finding Violet with her eyebrow cocked in a confused look.

"You aren't mad?"

"About you being late? It's mildly annoying yes, but I'll probably get over it."

"No.. About me...kissing you...on camera...." You cringe again, but instead of deadly you are assaulted with laughter.

"THAT?! AHAHAHA!" Violet holds her sides as she cracks up. "Wooh The press has been running wild with that one. 'Flame melts Violet's heart' and 'Violet has human emotions after all.' I could kiss you again with all the good press it's gotten me!" She pinches your cheek. "Now if you're done pissing your panties over nothing, we've got work to do." Your eyes go wide and you look down quickly, but thankfully it's just a figure of speech. "Seriously?" Violet sighs. "Come on." She walks to the side room where a desk and monitors are set up.

"Wait, you said 'WE' have work to do? As in both of us? Together?" you ask as you catch up.

"Do 'WE' have to get your ears checked? Yes both of us. Did you think I was just training you for my own amusement?"

"Kinda..."

"Hah yeah you were pretty effin hilarious sometimes. Remember when you shot fire out of your puss? Priceless!"

"Mmm hmm...." you reply, not nearly as amused as your mentor, but she barely takes notice.

"I sought you out not only because I saw potential in you, but because Acropolis City would soon be facing a threat that you are uniquely suited to help deal with. And today is that day." She goes into serious mode and types on a keyboard. An image of schematics for some sort of drilling machine pops up on the screens. "The week before I met you, this device was stolen from Drillomatics Inc." She hits the keyboard again and one of the screens switches to an image of a cylindrical object with what looks like a satellite dish on top. "And this was stolen from a secure government facility four nights later."

"What do they do?"

"I'm glad you asked, young grasshopper." She clicks again, which combines the images into one machine. "The drill is designed for deep, fast penetration. With some slight modifications, it can bore a hole practically to the earth's core. That by itself is cause for concern, but when combined with the Thermal Condenser, we could be dealing with a serious problem. This guy," she points at the top of the combined machine, "absorbs the heat from its surroundings and focuses it into a beam. If it has been rigged up to draw heat from deep underground, well, I don't think I have to spell out how shitty that would be for everyone who isn't made of fire."

"Ok, but how do you know these were stolen by the same people?"

"Would I be making a big deal of this if it wasn't a real threat? Security tapes were fried, but guards at both places described a similar method of robbery. They're connected." She taps again and a map of the city appears in mostly blues and greens with a few yellow and orange areas and a bright red dot. "Ever since then I've been monitoring the city for any thermal anomalies. And other than your occasional orgasm, the only spot in the city that has gone supernova is at that red dot. A blip appeared there early this morning before disappearing."

"A test fire?"

"Hey look at you paying attention. I don't think we have much time before they launch whatever devious plan they have in store for Acropolis City. We have to act now before it's too late if it isn't already. I don't know what's in store for us, but I could use your help. The city could use your help. So, are you in?"

Are you ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)