More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by gothamalleyviper gothamalleyviper

What of the Royal house members coming to visit?

Introductions made

The Carriage was extravagant even from the distance. But really it was expected for a Princess and Duchesses. The Carriage pulled up before the house and the Driver climbed down from the front while her Familiar counter part climbed down from the back and opened the door for the passengers inside. Joan knew that Janis was watching from the upstairs window, but she stood outside with her mothers to greet Joan’s future family. The woman who had been driving cleared her throat and spoke up.

“The Lady of the Royal House Gorgon, Princess Estella Von Gorgon,” the driver called.

The woman that emerged seemed younger than she should be, but you could tell she had the presence of the wisdom of her age. She was magnificent in her grey and black latex and leather family crest surcoat dress and kirtle. As the Princess of house Gorgon she had a small snake themed circlet holding down her wimple. She took the offered hand of the Familiar next to her and carefully stepped down to the stone curb of the cobblestone street. Joan took note of this but didn’t say anything.

“First Child of the Royal House Gorgon, Duchess Ivanka Von Gorgon,” the driver called.

The next woman to emerge was a younger version of her mother in a similar surcoat dress, only while her mother’s helm ended below the knees the daughter’s ended just above the knees. Unlike her mother you could tell her hair color from the blood red eyebrows on her face. She also took the hand offered by the familiar next to the door of the carriage. Unlike her mother, the daughter turned to the driver and shot her a look before looking back in the carriage and giving a hard glance for an instant before gesturing for the familiar to close the door. Joan kept from making any faces. These were the grandmother and mother of Janis’s Bride, not the Bride. Joan felt the hand of her mother on her shoulder. She had been told what to do.

“Welcome to our humble home, you grace us with your visit,” Joan said as she stepped forward and curtsied to the high born women.

“Thank you child,” Princess Estella smiled, “Rise.”

Joan stood up and looked the woman in the face and noticed the blood red and white hair strands poking out the side of her hood. Joan held out her arm for the older woman to take and then walked her to her parents.

“Princess Estella Von Gorgon and Duchess Ivanka Von Gorgon, this is my mothers Jenna Weaver and Melanie Millier-Weaver,” Joan introduced her parents.

Both curtsied before the leader of the Royal House. Princess Estella nodded to them and they raised. The Princess removed her arm from Joan’s and stepped forward to shake the hand of the woman of the house and her familiar.

“You honor us with your visit Princess,” Jenna said.

“Your manors warm my heart young lady,” Princess Estella smiled, “Lets go inside, shall we?”

The Princess offered her arm for Joan and Joan walked her to the door as her Mother-Familiar Melanie quickly opened the door for them. Behind them Duchess Ivanka held out her arm for Jenna to take and walk her into the house. It was considered rude after all to walk arm in arm with another woman’s familiar, and manors required the owners of the home escort their guests into their house. Joan stopped at the family room in the side of the house facing the side street.

“This is the family room and kitchen Princess,” Joan said pointing at the couch and the counters on the far wall with a table in between them, “And that room by the main street is the family shop with our looms. Upstairs is the bedrooms for my mother’s and my twin and myself. Of course in the back is the private public room.”

“Ah of course,” Princess Estella said being polite, “It is rather close and comfortable… I am honored for you to share it with us, even if for a short time.”

“I would assure you that you are accepting a proper young familiar into your family Princess,” Joan said, “Would you like a seat?”

“Yes thank you,” Princess Estella said.

Joan led her to a couch and let her take a seat. Her mother led the mother of the Bride to the couches and she took a seat next to the princess. Joan watched as her parents took a seat together on their love seat.

“Would you care for a drink?” Joan asked.

“Some water please,” Princess Estella said, “Mistress Jenna, you have raised a very polite daughter, I am impressed by the wonderful manors.”

“We tried very hard to raise our children right,” Jenna said, “I hope Janis can live up to your expectations as a member of your house.”

Joan watched as she went to the cooled larder and removed the pitcher of water and poured two glasses for the guests. Her mothers were holding hands again and snuggling close together. They did that when they were determined to put on a confident front in the face of adversity. She had remembered them doing that when money had been tight and the Archo-loam had broken down. They didn’t want to scare their children but Joan knew that machine was how they earned their money as Weavers. They must be scared senseless at having the Princess of a Royal House on the couch of their home. Joan made sure to add a slice of lime to the water and brought the glasses to the guests.

“The daughter of the House has spoken highly of your child,” Princess Estella said using the formal langue for the Royal House, “She did not mention that the familiar she fancied came from such a pleasant home.”

Duchess Ivanka made a small movement and Princess Estella nodded.

“It pleases me greatly that my daughter would pick a bride from such a nice family,” Duchess Ivanka said.

“Please,” Jenna said, “You pile on too much praise Princess and Duchess.”

“No,” Princess Estella said flatly, “We have received by many homes and households, this is with out question one of the more polite greetings we have had. Some people will have the notion that their rank means they are beyond the need for good manners. Thank you, child.”

“Joan,” Duchess Ivanka said taking the glass she was offered.

“I must admit, I did not believe it when I heard of your Daughter’s interest in Janis,” Jenna said, “I would not have suspected Janis to have caught the eye of a young lady like her.”

Princess Estella looked at her daughter and Duchess Ivanka took a quick sip before speaking.

“There was some discussions but it was decided that Lilly would attend classes at the school here,” Duchess Ivanka said, “She was enrolled as an ordinary student to allow her a degree of freedom and ensure she could have peers.”

“Lilly,” Joan heard both her mothers blanch.

“My daughter’s middle name,” Duchess Ivanka said, “Estella Lilly von Gorgon. Since my mother is using the name Estella of the House of Gorgon, Lilly uses her middle name when away from court.”

“If I may,” Joan asked for permission to speak.

“Go ahead child,” Princess Estella said.

“We have know Lilly for a long time,” Joan said, “As our classmate she was a friend, and we knew she was from a wealthy family. Lilly however never mentioned a crown in her family tree.”

Joan was concerned that she had said too much out of turn and grew even more nervous at the sight of the smiles on the Princess and Duchess. The Duchess then looked at the Princess again, but this time the Princess spoke rather than nod.

“The daughter of the House was under strict orders to not reveal her family lest the people of the town treat her differently. It was the express intention that she spend her school years learning how the common people of the land live. I understand that more than once you spoke to her as a mother should when their child misbehaves.”

Joan watched her mother’s squirm.

“I would like to thank you for that,” Princess Estella said with a smile, “It is difficult at times to get someone to speak to you honestly when you are a member of the Royal Houses.”

Jenna and Melanie both looked at each other confused.

“Now that you know the Daughter of the House of Gorgon,” Princess Estella said, “let us meet the child of the House Weaver.”

“Joan,” Jenna said to her daughter.

Joan curtsied and went up stairs to fetch her twin. Joan went into her room and looked down at her twin.

“You are marrying Lilly?” Joan asked.

“She made me promise not to tell?” Janis said meekly.

“That’s why you didn’t talk about her when you let us know you were engaged,” Joan said.

“After the way Mother cursed her existence, I didn’t think she would go along with a wedding,” Janis said.

“You know we will love you no mater what,” Joan said, “Come on, the Princess wants to meet you.”

“Maybe I should go straight to the outhouse,” Janis took a deep breath.

“You have to be introduced before you pee in your panties,” Joan took Janis’ hand, “Come on.”

Joan pulled Janis to her feet and moved lead her twin down the stairs. Joan escorted her twin right up to the couches.

“Princess Estella Von Gorgon, Princess Ivanka Von Gorgon,” Joan said, “This is my twin Janis Weaver…”

Does Janis shit her panties

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)