More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Geo Geo

Onto Part 2...

Intro part II

Grant set it on the counter of his kitchen, which joined with the lounge, and stared at the odd box. it was perfectly geometric, not a single angle out of place. As previously stated, it was the shiny safety green with no markings to suggest a postage address, and was remarkably heavy for its size, like it was filled with bricks. He ran his fingers over it, trying to find how it opened, and found the seam at the very edge of the top of the box, almost invisible. Sliding it up, Grant cautiously peeks into the flap’s opening as he slowly pulls the lid backwards, seeing wads of color here and there.

When it was fully open, it turns out to be multicolored foam peanuts. Geez, whatever was in here that was weighing it down, it wasn’t these things, Grant pondered, picking up a foam peanut and pondering it. Throwing the piece of foam away, he rummages through the box to find the unknown item, making sure it isn’t just a box of clown packaging. His hand grasped some kind of small thing from inside and pulled, revealing a very lightweight remote control. The device was crazy light, and had a smooth round design, but the panel that had a single button/dial combo on it below a small round screen at the head of it.

Before he could fully wonder what this thing is, Grant is startled as the screen statics to life, like an old tv set, with the image of the grinning toga man that was on the delivery girl’s hat. A stout fellow, but given the looks of a suave greaser in a purple toga, like a short greek Johnny Bravo. Grant thought it was just the company logo displaying itself before it hits the home screen or something, until it started moving. HE was moving, Grant mentally corrects himself.

The Toga Man made his greeting, “Hey there, Grant ol’ boy! Nice to meet ya, I’m the god of Trickery.” Grant’s first thought of hearing this was him muttering, “Certainly doesn’t look like Loki…” But was swiftly snapped at by the cartoon God the moment he said that, making Grant cry out in surprise and almost drop the remote, “GREEK GOD, YOU DINGUS! I’m DOLOS, the god of deception, craftiness and trickery!”

Dolos, calmed down after his outburst, after exhaling a cloud of air, “Sorry, a little peeved that that jerk gets more recognition that me, he doesn’t even call anymore, the jerk.

“ANYWAY, this isn’t about me, it’s about you, Grant.” He said smoothly, giving Grant the double finger-guns. Grant stuttered out, "B-b-b-b-b-but you can hear me?! Wait, what’s going on? Why-" But Dolos raised his hand, shushing him down, “I know, I know, it’s all overwhelming right now, so I’ll explain it as best as I can, kid. Basically, I and my female counterpart are bored, and thought that maybe having you come outta retirement from your trickster ways to cause bigger, more perverted tricks. And I mean perverted in a sexual way; Apate wants some fun foreplay and sexy hijinks going on as well.” Dolos shifts slightly, cocking an eyebrow suggestively, “And I don’t mind it either.

“So yeah, it was unfair you never could finish your fun, so here, a special device that we both made that is able to warp reality and cause perverted mischief.” Grant looked at the device itself, turning it back and forth, to see if there was more than a screen and Dial-Button. “Yeah yeah, I know, it’s a rather simple design,” The Godtoon continues, “but I tried a more rudimentary design, operating on more imagination than any controls.”

He makes motions as he explains the actions, “Here’s how it goes, The button is your standard option, press and release to make it happen, or hold down to let the effects last for that long. Turning the dial scales what you want, like height or numerical effects, or tuning something to the right color or channel like an old dial tv. To be honest, these are just suggestions, the actions operate on how you think they will exclusively, so if you think turning the dial will make a gal pants herself, hey, it’ll work.”

Then Dolos gets serious, looking stern on his cartoon features, “But be warned, you CAN lose it, and others CAN use it as well. You’ll be the only one to know at first, but be careful when they start experimenting. We wanted to keep it interesting, so be careful.” Then he lightens up, waving to Grant goodbye, “Well, enjoy it, I’m sure we’ll enjoy your pranks, and possibly on the entire school!” And the screen blipped out, leaving a screen of jumbled letters and numbers.

If Grant was also a cartoon, you’d see the devil horns over his head as he grinned maliciously, on the verge of cackling madly at the drop of a pin.

How does Grant proceed, straight up on the school, or mayhem townwards?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)