More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 5 by CxSeth CxSeth

Find out more:

Intro Episode: Singularity Storm

“If you want to get downtown in time for the fight, you need to start moving.”

Melissa rolled her eyes and finished typing up the email she was working on. She wasn’t ignoring Naalor’s warning, but keeping this company running was already a full-time-job before she started moonlighting as a Hellbeast killer. Her patron demon knew better than to press the issue. Hitting send, she glanced at the clock, and walked across her office to lock the door.

“Strength through battle,” She spoke, setting her glasses on her desk, “And clarity through conflict,” She opened the window, and began changing into her gym clothes, “This is my war to fight, and my blood to spill, for I am Singularity Storm!” Finishing her oath, Melissa was encased in ice, then engulfed in fire as a whirlwind formed around her and the ice turned to stone. When the chaos of the elements subsided, Melissa was gone, and the Champion of Conflict, Singularity Storm, remained.

Singularity Storm couldn’t properly fly, but by releasing jets of flame as she stepped out of the window, she was able to make a controlled descent, plummeting down and away, across the city and towards her fight.

The Hellbeast arrived just before she did, having already knocked over a lamp post and broken into a bakery. A well-placed fireball pulled the monster’s attention away from the baked goods, and onto the angry heroine.

“Let’s get this over with,” She said, readying another fireball, “Some of us have things to do.”

Now that he had a real target to focus on, the Hellbeast surged forward, sinuous limbs flailing viciously. Singularity Storm tossed fireball after fireball, eventually just concentrating on a single gout of flame that wore the beast down. When it finally reached her, flesh sizzling and smoking, the Hellbeast’s only reward was a well-placed uppercut, sending it flying. For simple Hellbeasts like these, this was the process. Burn, punch, burn, punch, burn, punch, until all that remained was a smoldering pile of ashes. It was an effective strategy, but could be a bit boring.

Fortunately and unfortunately, this Hellbeast was no different. After ten minutes of throwing flames and punches, the monster succumbed to its wounds and quietly dissolved into ash. Singularity Storm stood alone in an empty street over the embers, then walked away. Another unsatisfying fight. She needed to visit the gym.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)