More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ShyValkyre ShyValkyre

Start your journey

Information about the world

Tainted Scales takes place in the world of Terraskund (same world has "Paved Path") on the continent of Eapis [which is a series of 6 islands]. This continent is predominantly inhabited by the draconian shifter race - or what they refer to themselves as Drakes. There are 3 specific types of Drakes. The low born, the high born, and the royal born. These signify the levels of dragon blood found in drakes but is mostly based on physical appearance.

Low borns are those with the lowest traces of dragon blood -- they usually only have a few features that signify they are Drakes (usually a tail or wings but never both), Low borns are usually treated with scorn - oft times referred to with derogatory slang such as dracolisk (a ghastly hybrid of a dragon and a basilisk that are incapable of flight and producing offspring), draco (shortened of dracolisk), or lizard/reptilian.

high born always grow horns in solid dark coloration (they are capable of growing tails and wings - it's rare to have both), derogatory slang for high born consist of wingless lizard, gecko, and even dracolisk.

royal born - a term coined by Alkeshian high borns but not officially accepted by all of Eapis (only Daegica and the northern parts of Iqas with direct trade routes with Daegica) - are born with brightly colored and gradient horns/hair/tails/wings and more often than not are born with patches of scales. Because of the rarity of these colorations, these drakes are treated with the utmost respect as they are seen to be direct links to the race's dragon ancestors. derogatory slang for royal born consists of dracolisk, skietz (a now extinct species of scaled rodent that Abyssflayers[dragon/lion hybrds] hunted out of existence), and dracolisks.

Raanciel's story:

Raanciel is a dainty high born mage whose discipline is called Mystic. Mystics prefer to use tomes and orbs as weapons. Their specialty in magic consists of enchantments of items and objects, amplification of a being's abilities, curses, and illusions. He was born to the Burning-River clan in the city of Soignane on Daegica island but moved to the town of Ryzal on the island of Iqas [also referred to as the mainlands] after being disowned for refusing an arranged marriage.

Appearance: He is a 5’10” tall draconian shifter. He has tanned skin, waist-length purple hair, and cobalt blue eyes. His ears are wide and look like fish fins. There's a light dusting of freckles across his nose and a beauty mark under his mouth. Parting his hair at the top are large dragon horns that are deep violet at the base and slowly gradient into a soft blue at the tips. He wears feathered robes of royal blue with a short cape wrapped around his shoulders. On his feet are simple brown leather shoes. He carries a staff on his back, though he never uses it.

****

This story is planned to have 4 paths, though one of these paths is "canon" to Raanciel's actual origin story. Raanciel prefers men but enjoys the company of both.

Lycoris Crystal-Dancer // Height: 5'10 //Discipline:Warrior-Rune Knight// Royal Born // Birthplace: Choroux, Daegica // Captain of the Ryzal Guard

Nyvoriet Orgo // Height: 6'6" // Discipline: "Warrior"// Low born // Birthplace: Soisir, Iqas // Courier of Haiz's Staples

Tindrex Chyzy // Height: 6'0" // Discipline:Berzerker-Warmonger//High born // Birthplace: Gonhexi, Placath //Weaponsmith

Aiolos Void-Walker // Height: 6'2" //Discipline: Warrior-Dragoon// Royal Born // Birthplace: Wriucor // Diplomat of Ryzal

Lialko Bizynteor // Height: 5'9" //Discipline:Rogue-Scout// Low Born // Ryzal, Iqas // Burning Lady Tavern Barmaid

Haiz Ethud//Height: 6'0//Discipline:Rogue-Archer//High Born//Birthplace: Puiser, Daegica// Owner of Haiz's Staples

Ask question in comments and they will be answered here:

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)